University of Toronto | Teen Ink

University of Toronto MAG

By LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other
LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other

Live. Laugh. Love. Fight. Flight. Get it right.<3

Toronto, Canada: Whether you are looking for a calm environment or a fast-paced city, the University of Toronto provides students with multiple settings in three different Canadian cities: Toronto, Scarborough, and Mississauga. The University of Toronto, or U of T, is Canada's largest university and was listed among the 30 Best Universities in the world, as announced by The QS World University Rankings in 2009. The U of T has an amazing faculty, ­including past and present Nobel Prize winners, authors, engineers, ­astronomers, and more, and its cultural diversity is among the best around.

The university is home to more than 170 student groups, from campus-based newspapers and radio stations to an athletic center that offers fitness classes and the chance to participate in many sports. The Hart House in the St. George Campus even provides students with an art gallery, concert halls, a snack bar, pub, pool and much more. The ­campuses are centered in major cities, so retail stores and other attractions aren't far away. For example, U of T is close to the Rom Museum, which post-secondary students in Canada can visit for free on Tuesdays.

Of course, attending a university isn't just about fun, and with more than 600 undergraduate programs, U of T provides opportunities for every aspiring student, and even offers special programs tailored for certain careers. For example, the campus in Mississauga is known for its remarkable Concurrent Education program. Whether you are pursuing a degree in chemistry, math, English or history, U of T provides an outstanding education for all, with an amazing foundation in research and excellence. In fact, with over 18 million resources, U of T's library is one of the top five research libraries in North America.

If you want to learn in a multicultural academic setting, you will love the University of Toronto. For all of these reasons, U of T is currently one of my top three choices. If interested, you can find more information regarding student life, academic programs, and the campuses in general at: www.utoronto.ca.