The Hitman | Teen Ink

The Hitman

January 8, 2021
By Seevy1038 BRONZE, Saint Louis, Missouri
Seevy1038 BRONZE, Saint Louis, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“I’ll love you forever and ever, I won’t let anyone hurt you.” Is what Jayceon vowed to Raylin on their wedding day.  “This is our day my love, can you believe we made it this far?” Jayceon says. Raylin looks at Jayceon and says with a blank expression, “Yes my love.”

Jayceon and Raylin went on a date at a cafe, this man starts looking at Raylin and smiles. Jayceon notices and firmly grabs Raylin by her arm. Raylin’s eyes flashed with fear, her mood changed. The man looked up at Jayceon with a smirk on his face, Jayceon began to breath heavily as he gripped Raylin’s arm tighter. Raylin grabbed her husband trying to get him to get up, she told him that the man wasn’t looking at her, but looking at the waitress behind them. Jayceon’s gaze dropped, he loosened up and gathered his items. Raylin hurried and grabbed her stuff, rushed to the car and got in the passenger seat. The drive home was tense and awkwardly quiet, Jayceon looks at Raylin and begins driving over the speed limit. Raylin begged him to slow down, didn’t listen to her. They arrived at their home and walked into the kitchen, Jayceon mentioned a fundraiser that was being held at the ballroom on Saturday. She didn’t want to attend the fundraiser with him but she was scared of what he would do if she disagreed. Raylin agreed to attend the fundraiser, her husband ranted about how it was for a good cause even though she already agreed to go. Saturday night approached fast, they pulled up at the fundraiser; fancy cars, fitted dresses and dazzling white teeth filled the lot. Jayceon got out and opened the door for his beautiful wife. Raylin was confused all she could think was “why here? Why now?”. She never experienced this queen treatment from her husband, last time he treated her like a queen was at least 5 years ago. Raylin pulled her dress up a bit so she wouldn’t get her ruffles wet. They entered the ballroom and offered to get them drinks. She waited for him at an empty table. 10 minutes passed by and there was no sign of Jayceon, so she got up and started looking around. Raylin’s face was filled with rage, she looked as if she was going to cry. There stood her husband at the bar with this beautiful, slim soft skinned goddess, she approached the two of them and interrupted their conversation. They both turned to see who was speaking, they saw Raylin. The lady begins introducing herself to Raylin.

“You must be Mrs.Rolland, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” said Addison.

Raylin was confused, the thought of this beautiful woman just being a friend of her husband bugged her. Raylin remained calm, she said hello and walked off to the side. The two continued talking after Raylin walked off, the conversion took a rather strange turn.

“Yes my love, the money transaction was made.” Jayceon said while sipping his wine.

“Dinner at my place tonight?” Addison added. She had this sparkle in her eyes every time she looked at Jayceon.

Raylin couldn’t believe her ears, Jayceon was having an affair. She rushed on the patio for some fresh air, she was panicking. A tall, handsome man approached her.

“Are you okay?” asked the stranger.

Raylin wiped her eyes and said yes. Her eyes traveled on his well put together body, she was in awe. A conversation struck up between the two of them, she learned a few things about him. His name is Adriano, he’s self employed and he’s a hitman. Raylin put two and two together, she was unhappy in her marriage, she was getting abused and he was having an affair. She told Adriano about herself and issues that have been goin on, he had sympathy for Raylin. Deep down inside he knew she was a good person so he agreed to help her, they exchanged numbers and started plotting. Weeks go by, Adriano and Raylin have been spending a lot of time together; there was a connection between the two, she no longer cared for her husband's presence because she had her friend. One day Raylin received a call from Adriano, he invited her to dinner and she said yes. They went to dinner and she was amazed by the sight she saw, the restaurant was lovely. The fragrance of spaghetti and garlic bread filled the room, the roses were set on the table and the napkins were folded into baby doves. He smiled at her, his teeth were sparkling white, his hair was neatly done and his slacks were ironed perfectly. All she could think about was how nicely done everything was. They were eventually seated and talked about the plan. Adriano asked her how she wanted the job done, she responded with,

“Something quick, not too messy. Make it look like an accident.”

He agreed to fulfill her wishes. The thought of her being free of her wretched husband made him calm, in that moment he wanted to protect her from everything. They gazed into each other's eyes most of the time, then they went separate ways. A couple months pass by, Jayceon puts his hands on Raylin, this time she has had enough. Raylin gives Adriano a call and tells him she wants the job done immediately. Her skin was bloodshot red, her face and elbows were bruised. Adriano shows up and looks at Raylin all shocked, his skin boiling and his cheeks red. Raylin said that she would leave the house tonight, she overheard Jayceon and Addison talking about dinner here. Adriano insisted on doing it tonight, but what he offered next had Raylin shocked.

“I want to get her too, she hurt you just as much as he did. When he couldn’t see her, he beat on you.” He said with a deep sadness to his face. Raylin rubbed the bruised part of her cheek and told him that both of them got what was coming to them. Hours passed while Raylin and Adriano waited in a car with tinted windows alongside the road. There was no sign of Addison. An hour later a car pulls into the driveway, it’s Addison. She gets out, fixes her makeup and walks up to the door. In the doorway stood Jayceon smirking at Addison, hugs and kisses awaited her at the door. An hour passed by, Adriano was ready to go inside but Raylin insisted on joining him inside. Raylin needed closure, those years of abuse and misery, she needed some type of explanation as to why she was getting treated terribly. They both sneak inside, she showed Adriano where the bedroom was; a rush of fear went through her body, something felt wrong about what they were about to do. Then she thought back on all the times she would be in the ER, crying because something new had happened to her. Everything felt right again, they rushed into the bedroom. Adriano fired six shots in their chest, Raylin was completely still; she couldn’t move. Jayceon had tears running down his cheek as he stared at Raylin with this stranger, he couldn’t believe her. They both were slouched on the bed, they were dead. The plan was to say they were out of town together but they were afraid that somebody might've seen them do such a dirty deed. They got rid of the bodies and buried them in the woods. They agreed to never speak of this to anyone, and to lie if something was to happen to one another. Adriano kept contact with Raylin, their relationship grew strong. A year later the cops knocked on Raylins door and started questioning her, she played her sad little housewife role a little too well. She said how she hadn’t seen Jayceon in months, they asked her if she was aware of the affair her husband was having with Addison. She said no. The officers were heading out and one cop noticed how worried her face looked. She looked worried for the wrong reasons, something seemed off to the female officer. Raylin hurried and called Adriano and told him how worried she was, he rushed over to keep her calm. They binged on shows most of the afternoon then night time came. They were asleep, flashing lights startled them out of their sleep.

“Open the door now.” Officered yelled.

The bodies were recovered from the woods. They were both brought in for questioning. Raylin couldn’t stop shaking, Adriano assured her that everything was going to be just fine. They agreed that their aliaby would be that they were on a business trip in Italy. They were both questioned about the death of her husband and his mistress, they both stated where they were during that time. Adriano and Raylin got lucky, their alibis checked out thanks to Adriano’s brother. The next day they meet up at Raylin’s house to talk everything over. He offered to stay there with her so she would feel saf, she agreed. Months go by with them staying with each other, they feel a connection. They spent many holidays together, but Adriano wanted more. They talked at dinner and he mentioned wanting a relationship with her, she was surprised. Raylin knew what Adriano was capable of, she was scared to tell him no. Adriano said

“I’m not forcing you, this is your decision.”

Raylin looked at him and the look on his face made her feel warm, he wanted to protect her from everything and she saw that. He would never hurt her, not intentionally. They were meant for each other, he wanted her to be all his. A couple months later he proposed, Raylin jumped with excitement, she knew this marriage would be different. She felt this one would have love, respect, and a family. They got married in May at the beach. They talked about starting a family in a couple years, 5 years tops. It happened faster than expected, 2 years later Adriano and Raylin were expecting their first child in May. They had a baby girl, they wanted her to know how loved she is, and they wanted to protect her from any and everything.


The author's comments:

it's about a setup