Kids Rule | Teen Ink

Kids Rule

By abrauneis1 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
abrauneis1 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas

The world was quiet , suddenly a loud noise was heard . It sounded like kids screaming , it wasn’t a scream of horror it was a scream of joy . Kids  ran out of the schools and started jumping and laughing  . They were happy because the teachers were gone . 

Not just the teachers but the whole staff  were gone .Kids started heading to the candy stores , toy stores . They started grabbing as much toys and candy as they could . Some kids dropped candy with how full their hands were carrying . Eating ice cream as if they never tried it in their lives . But there was one group of kids   that just stared at the other children . They thought that all the children were crazy and cruel . They   asked themselves ‘how can someone not miss their loved ones . Their mom gave birth to them and took care of them . 

The children couldn’t believe how cruel they were . But he wasn’t the only one that thought they were crazy.Adul a boy who lived in Dubai . He  was very wealthy and he  got everything he pleased . The price didn’t matter to him .

But like every child , his parents weren't around . He looked all over the place in the garden , the tennis court , the living room, he looked all over the place but he couldn’t find them .

He was sad , he  suddenly  remembered something his grandfather used to tell him

whenever he was sad ‘Let the sadness out or it’ll poison  you ;such open heart surgery 

without anaesthetic takes real bravery  . Do it though . I'll be waiting for you at the finish with a glass of water .

Adul felt relefied , and started to think positive , he started to think if there were kids in the world that thinked the same way he thinked . Kids that missed their parents , kids that remembered  those moments with their family . So he went to the roof top and took  off in his jet 

But he wasn't the only child that was mature enough to think this way 

Pearie, a girl who lived in Italy . Her parents were famous artists , Pearie also had the skill her parents have . She was able to do enormous sculptures and paintings  .

She was known for her talent all over the world . But she missed her parents too

Those moments when her dad taught her to draw or when her mom taught her everything about Da Vinci  she started to cry , the sadness drained through her rather than  skating over her skin . It travelled through every cell to reach the ground . She filtered it yet strangely enough , I kept  what was pure and it was the dirt that left . While looking out her window , thinking about all those precious moments she spent with her family .Suddenly she heard a noise .

It  sounded like an airplane ,  Pearie could hear the airplane close . The airplane landed above her house . She went outside to see what it was and she was stunned  by what she saw . A kid stepped out of the helicopter . Pearie screamed ; what’s you’re kid ? The boy screamed my name is Adul . Pearie told the kid to come down . Adul went down and started talking to her . Pearie told her story to Adul and Adul told his story to her . Since they both liked the fact that they think the same way ,  Prearie asked Adul a question . Do you think there’s kids that think the same way we do ? Adul agreed with her and told her that if she wanted to go with him to find more kids . Pear said yes and got on the airplane .       While on the other side of the world there was a child named Rick. His family owned a big ranch in the US . Rick was fascinated with riding horses . He also missed his family, he remembered those horse rides he and his father , he also remembered his mothers cooking . While Rick  saw an airplane landing near the crops , a kid was getting off an airplane . Rick was amazed and said “ He’s nuttier than a squirrel  turd!” Adul and Pearie got off the plane and started to get Rick's attention  , while Rick ran to go talk to the kids . Rick asked them who they were , Adul and Pearie  started to explain the whole story . Prearie then asked Rick if he could give them water  , because they were thirsty and  traveled a long way . 

Rick ran back to his house and brought them two glasses of water . They started talking  , Adul and Pearie  started to explain the cause of their trip , Rick then started to explain what happened to him . Then Adul knew he thought the same way as they did . He asked Rick if he

wanted to go look for more kids like then .

Rick said yes , but he had to hit the bushes  after he went to the restroom. While  getting on the plane and leaving  , they could see how the world was in disorder , kids moved faster than  ants . . Pearie  suddenly saw that kids started to act strange . They started to get aggressive and screamed . This time it wasn’t of joy . They heard voices of terror and kids crying like if something was harming them to death .

Rick was worried and said “ I’m more nervous than a long - tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs . Adul and Pearie  heard a noise , it sounded like if someone was throwing something  . They looked down and saw that it was the kids throwing rocks at them . 

They screamed and said “ Aliens are taking our parents, let's get them off the plane . Adul started to fly higher and was able to avoid the rocks . “OOF “that was a close one , said Rick .  Everyone in the plane started to get sleepy , Rick said that since he was tired , he decided to go to sleep . Adul and Pear looked at rick , he was sleeping like a bear in hibernation 

The plane was in automatic mode, so they didn’t worry about that . The next day they woke up . They were hungry , they felt how their stomach vibrates like a rattlesnake's tail of how hungry they were . Pear asked Adul that she craved for pasta . Adul said that he had pasta in the fridge and went to go get it .  When  Adul  came back ,  he brought the  pasta with him  . He said there wasn’t any sauce to put on it 

Pearie  shouted  “Mangiare in bianco everyone stared at her . She said that why was everyone looking at her like that?'' What did you say , said Rick .

Pearie said that it meant eating in white , then she started to explain why it was good for the digestion system  while Rick just stared at her as if she was talking nonsense .   Adul stopped by a cave , and everyone started to ask him why he landed there . He said he wanted to get some fresh hair , so everyone started wandering around. 

Rick on the other hand was curious to see what was in the cave . He stepped in and started to walk deeper and deeper into the cave . Suddenly he found this weird box , opened it and found a note . So he got out of the cave and said

“ Aye look what I got “ He showed his friends what he had found .They noticed it was a note , a note that talked about kids losing their parents in the past and that letter contained the secret to bring them back . 

Since everyone started to jump and scream , Adul started to read the secret  , the letter said that they had to go to the City of the Clouds . It said that it was close to the Bermuda Triangle and that from there they needed to fly up and then they would get there . And that they also needed to speak to the king  .

Everyone got on the plane and started heading their way to the city of the clouds     “They were happy as a dead pig in sunshine “  .  While they were waiting to get there , suddenly they arrived at the Bermuda triangle .

Suddenly they felt how the wind was dragging the airplane . Adul was able to control the airplane and prevented the wind from dragging the plane down . Rick said laughing . “You took off running faster than a hot knife through butter . “ 

They arrived in the city of the clouds. They weren't impressed because they already knew how it was going to be . It literally says it in the name , so they got off and they were perplexed on how they could stand in the clouds  . They saw  a big Castle flying above the other clouds . Its long stairs are made  out of clouds . 

They were taller than a skyscraper . While they were going up the stairs , they saw the king step out of the castle . The kids were amazed and wanted to speak with the king , but the guards  prevented them from talking to him . The king with a voice of power said let the kids have a word with me . The kids bowled upon him , then the king asked “ what  made you visit my kingdom “. The kids explained to the king that they found a note that had the secret to bring their parents back . The  king said he could bring their  parents back under one condition  .  Suddenly  a noise was heard. It sounded like an alarm clock . Dass woke up and said “  I had the weirdest dream ever, all my friends were in it .Then he went to school and  was still thinking about the dream he had last .While Dass arrived he entered the school , he realized his dream was true  .