Last Night | Teen Ink

Last Night

September 30, 2022
By mms67 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
mms67 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
14 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Last night I dreamt that Taylor Swift showed up in my bedroom and told me I was growing up too fast. She asked me what I wanted to do, I stared at her in disbelief. Suddenly, she exclaimed “I got it!” and jumped out the window. I approached the window scared of what I would find, but when I looked down she was sitting on a dragon. She motioned for me to join, so I cautiously lowered myself down behind her. The sky was a shade of green, like a tornado was coming and as we flew away I looked down and saw Martin Luther King Jr. and J.K. Rowling playing basketball in the park and I yelled “HOLA!”. I looked down and all I could see now were my black Converse High Tops floating above the clouds. Suddenly, we were plummeting toward the Pacific Ocean at an astronomical speed, I let out a scream and closed my eyes. When I opened them, Taylor was gone and I was standing at the foot of the Eiffel Tower in Paris with JJ. I looked at him, he was drinking chocolate milk and just past his head I could see a sign with seahorse on it advertising an aquarium. In an instant, the sky turned gray and a thunderstorm began, shaking the ground. The local pilot told everyone to get inside, so we ran to the infinity store and when we passed through the door I was back in my bedroom, alone, staring at the ceiling with the dream lingering like a tattoo kiss in my mind, fading away slowly. 


The author's comments:

This piece was created by first using a brainstormed list of words and then having to connect them all through the piece.