Mission: Failed Part 2 | Teen Ink

Mission: Failed Part 2

By PrototypeOrange BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
PrototypeOrange BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina

*

“Last call for flight 231 to Germany,” the loudspeaker boomed. Phil handed the flight attendant his ticket, and boarded the plane. He seemed to be the only person there who wasn’t in a hurry. He sat down in his seat and waited for more passengers to come in. Nobody came. ‘How is this airport still running?’ he wondered. The plane finally took off.
*

It was now 8:30 P.M., on the next day. The plane had just landed. Why had the plane landed so late? When Phil got off of the airplane, he saw a man walk up to him. “Follow me,” he said. By the time they got to his car, it was 8:45. The man got into the driver’s seat. “Get in the passenger seat,” he said to Phil. Phil did.

10 minutes later, they were on a very busy road. It was almost 9:00, and Phil was getting worried. Phil stared at the clock. It had just changed to 8:56. 4 more minutes. Phil started sweating. “What is the address of the building?” Phil asked the man. “You don’t need to know,” he replied, not even turning to look at Phil. Phil turned to look at the man.

“I asked you a question,” Phil said, his face turning red with anger. The man turned to look at Phil. “I do not need to answer you,” the man said. Phil stared at him. “You do if you want to live,” Phil said. The man was not impressed. “Do you really think you can kill me?” he asked Phil. “You’ve never hurt a fly in your life!”

“That’s because I’ve only been alive for 2 days!” Phil shouted. The man was still unimpressed. “And that threatens me how?” the man asked. The clock changed to 8:57. “Tell me the address now!!!” Phil shouted with anger, as he punched the man in the face. The man screamed in pain. “How can you punch so hard?!” the man asked as his nose started to bleed. “That time I wasn’t even trying,” Phil replied. “Tell me the address NOW!” The time changed to 8:58. “2322 Binare lane,” the man stammered. Without saying another word, Phil barged out the door and started running.

By the time Phil got to the end of the street, he realized how dumb he was. How was he supposed to know where Binare lane was? The time was now 8:59. He had to hurry. What could he do? The man in the car would never drive him now. He decided to go back and try just in case. By the time he got to the car, it was 9:00. In Washington D.C., leader pressed the blue button 5 times.
*
Meanwhile, in Washington D.C……..

The man opened his eyes. He needed to go to the white building. The man stood up, his legs scratched and bruised. He was covered in dirt and scabs. He started walking. He needed to go to the white building.

Hermione-Granger BRONZE, Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
Oh so every time he fails, he gets reset?