Aquon's Promise | Teen Ink

Aquon's Promise

September 21, 2009
By Kasperitus BRONZE, Ottawa, Other
Kasperitus BRONZE, Ottawa, Other
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Imagination rules the world.
-Napoleon Bonaparte


I am Aquon the Pirate, Aquon the General, Aquon the King, Aquon the God. In sixty years, my small team of pirates had been transformed into an army of untold proportions and I had successfully conquered the entire world. No one else has ever achieved this. No one else deserves MY title of God-King! I built an empire that was to last a thousand years, and within ten years of my absence, my empire divided, its people separated and all my work went to waste.


They now say that my work was fruitless and that, in the end, I achieved nothing. They believe that their work is greater than mine and that they should deserve the title I fought for. They believe that records of my work should be destroyed so that none shall be inspired to try and achieve the title of God-King through force. They believe it can be earned through words, religion and power. Bah! They have made the same mistakes the rulers of the world made before my reign. Words, no matter how bold or inspiring, are whispers in comparison to actions. Religions, no matter how right or moral they may seem, will become the very evil they discourage when questioned or pushed in the wrong way. And power is nothing if he who possesses it does not use it or control it.


I did not use any of the methods my predecessors; I used ALL of them. I used words to create a religion, I used religion to bring me power, and I used power to act upon my words. They not only helped me build an empire, but they also gave me a weapon, far greater then the sword or crossbow. They gave me Fear.

Fear is what made the world tremble in my wake. Fear is what allowed me to conquer cities and empires with a wave of my hand. Fear is what caused hundreds of thousands of men to die in my name. The Fear of me was the greatest kind of Fear: hopelessness. As long as my enemies had no hope, they could not dream of defeating me.

However, in my absence, this Fear has all but vanished. My name, once a hurricane that uprooted trees, has now become a light gust of wind that causes no harm. They must be reminded. ALL of them must be reminded. They must remember why they used to tremble in their homes when they heard my army march, why they cowered in the sight of my Flag. They can, they must, and they will remember why they feared Aquon, God-King of Dreqon!

And all those who have mocked me should beware. When I return, when I rise once more, they will learn to fear unlike any fear they have felt before. They will know what hopelessness feels like when the inevitability of their downfall and imminent death settles.

This is my promise.



Aquon Virudas
God-king of Dreqon

The author's comments:
While in the car one day, my siblings were arguing with one another. The yelling and screaming inspired me to write, breaking my 3 year-long writer's block