Tonight We Come... (pg 8) | Teen Ink

Tonight We Come... (pg 8)

By music_lover PLATINUM, Park City, Utah
music_lover PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

MY quote: "Without music, life would be absolutely pointless.... Music is my life and it always will be!"

They dropped them on houses, buildings, and people, bringing light to the sky and the city. When a bomb hit a house it would only take several seconds before the whole building was on fire and crumbling to the ground. The air would become smokey and hot, making it hard to breathe.

After about two hours of searching, we took a rest.

“Come on Leader...” panted Gordon who really needed to get into shape. “We’ve been searchin’ for two hours and have only come across one person. This town is a ghost town! There’s nobody here! We might as well just go back and help the other soldiers in the war field were we would be greatly needed.”

“Enough Soldier Gordon.” I said in a voice that surprised even myself. “We must keep searching for it is our duty. The king and the General gave the orders and if we are soldiers, then we must follow those orders. Now everybody, keep searching with me. There has got to be somebody out there. Start searching buildings if you have to or even the guter. I don’t care what you have to do, but just find somebody.” I turned and walked away leaving them standing there in confusion. Then I heard a sigh, probably Gordon’s, and following footsteps.

________________

BOOM! A great big explosion hit just two streets away from us. Then followed a high pitched scream. A girls scream. There was somebody near, somebody we needed to capture. “This way!” I shouted running fast. The group silently followed me seeing the signal to go.

When we got onto the street where the explosion had just taken place a small family was revealed. I stepped back and hid behind a building. The soldiers finally caught up to me.

“What’s going on?” asked Gordon scratching his head.

“Shhh! All of you quiet! There are a bunch of people out there that we need to capture. It looks like just a woman, girl, child, and old lad. We could easily take them, but we just have to catch them by surprise.

I peered my head around the wall and saw the family. They seemed to be talking to each other, not knowing what to do next. It was the pure shock from being in an explosion. The thoughts racing through your mind. What happened? Where am I?