Escaping on a Girls Pink Pushbike | Teen Ink

Escaping on a Girls Pink Pushbike

June 27, 2010
By fusrodahsaraaa GOLD, Albany, Other
fusrodahsaraaa GOLD, Albany, Other
16 articles 5 photos 47 comments

We walked up to the house, ivy infested and spawning a pink pushbike near the wall at the front. I followed Callum up the small porch stairs. Callum knocked hard and we waited to hear the footsteps on the other side of the door, but they never came. He knocked again, so hard that as he pulled away his hand his knuckles seemed to look a dark shade of red.
“I’m guessing he’s not here!” I mumbled, tugging at his shirt so that we could leave.
“No, I’m gonna wait until he can pluck up the courage to open the d*** door and speak to me,” Callum growled, rapping on the door once again. This time footsteps echoed behind the door and a loud, booming voice escaped through the gap.
“You leave this house now or I’ll call the police.”
“Excuse me, we came to see…” I started, apologetically.
“I don’t care what d*** person you came to see, leave NOW!” He growled scornfully, opening the door and brandishing a baseball bat. He came closer and Callum grabbed me by the shirt as the man took a swipe at me.
“Quick, over here,” Callum grumbled as we ran back down the stairs and around the right corner. As we ran around the corner I tripped hard over the pink pushbike and was hauled up by my legs by Callum, who smiled apologetically. He held me in his arms and slowly jogged towards the gate but I yelled at him.
“Callum, he’s coming up behind you!”
The old man huffed and puffed as he quickly limped closer to us, still brandishing the wooden baseball bat and yelling at the top of his lungs, “Stay off of my property you uneducated thieves!”
Callum turned on his heels, ran past the old man (mind you, holding me in his strong arms) and put me down on my feet. The old man doubled back towards us; standing near the right wall pulling up a pink pushbike from the dirty ground and popping ourselves on top (well Callum was on the bike, I was in his arms again- a little afraid that I might fall off!) Callum wheeled the pushbike around and we sped, once again, past the psychotically mad old man, whom was quite confused by now. As we neared the front gate Callum pulled out his leg and kicked the gate with all his might; the gate splintered and went flying onto the footpath as we turned and sped out onto the street, leaving the old, psychotic man to yell and brandish his bat some more. What could be more embarrassing than a bunch of teenagers escaping on a girls pink pushbike?


The author's comments:
The escape of a lifetime! A short Story!!!