Villain-in-Training | Teen Ink

Villain-in-Training

July 23, 2011
By Bree.Jalique SILVER, Tracy, California
Bree.Jalique SILVER, Tracy, California
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

'Demonic woman! You're an a-hole. I really, honest to God, hate you.' I growled deeply within my head as the person who I was desperately trying to burn holes into giggled flirtatiously at the boy who I swore I would marry. My dark eyes narrowed even more as she laid a hand upon his shoulder. My fingers clenched into fists and my bitten, jagged nails dug into the soft flesh of my palm.


Bubbles of anger and jealously spiked up dangerously and in that brief moment I lost control of my powers and the chair that Susan was sitting on toppled over. I grinned to myself as students began to laugh at Susan. Her pretty face flushing red with embarrassment.


I know I shouldn't be using my powers for “evil” as my mother likes to put it, but I didn't have control this time. I swear my emotions got the better of me and they made the legs of the chair wobble a bit. In my defense though, Susan got what was coming to her. She was asking for it. Everyone knows since the second grade I staked my claim on the ever-so charming Ronnie Davidson. He's mine. He may not know it yet, but I did. Ronnie and I are going to get married and have a white picket fence with two-point-five children.


The final bell rung and kids immediately picked up their school supplies and made a bee line toward the exit. I shoved my binder into my threadbare backpack and walked out of high school. Walking home was annoying. I was sick and tired of seeing news papers of the superheroes that were so determined to rid my city of evil. People cheering and applauding when ever they floated above our heads. The heroes would give them this sickening smile and wave at them.


Disgusting




It truly was disgusting. Mom thinks they're wonderful. The heroes. There's a fricken cult of them I swear. Mom says one of them is my dad. She won't say whose my father, but he's the reason I'm not normal. I have these wacky abilities because Mom decided to get it on with a super powered freak.


Nice Mom, really. Way to doom your child to a life full of freakishness. Mom always gushes about him. Saying he's so handsome, smart, caring, kind, and all that good, sugary bullsh*t. I would always ask her too, if he was so good then why wasn't he here. Mom always got mad and would go into this huge maelstrom of fury and tell me that I don't understand. That if my father was with me he would endanger us and he couldn't risk that.


I call bull.


He just wants the lay and not have the consequences of taking care of the outcome. I'll admit I'm bitter. Very bitter and I have Daddy issues, but what teenage girl doesn't?


“Seriously, Janice, you kept me waiting this long.” Ryan sighed exasperated. I rolled my eyes at the masked man leaning against the brick wall of a 7-11.


“Sorry Ryan, but you see I have this thing called school and it apparently wants me to get an education.” I retorted. Ryan sneered and me and pushed his curly blond hair out of his eyes.


“Well, hurry up and get dressed we don't have all day.” Ryan nudged me toward the bathroom door behind the convenient store. I took the key from his hand and made my way into the bathroom.


The bathroom obviously seen better days. It was messy and I couldn't help but wonder if the sign in cleaning sheet was really telling the truth on which day it was cleaned. I shrugged my backpack off and immediately stripped out of my clothes. I pulled out my black spandex shorts, a black corset, a utility belt filled with fun, sharp, deadly objects, and a plain, black mask. I quickly changed into my outfit and adjusted my mask in the foggy and scratched mirror. My lips pulled into a thin line as I pulled my pin-straight, hair into a high pony tail. My dark eyes reflected at me.


My mom would be furious if she knew I was secretly a Villain-in-Training. I guess you can say this is my way of getting back at my father. I'll admit; I'm a spiteful child. I'll do anything to get back at anyone. Poor Mom though, it'll break her heart. Ryan banged harshly at the door.


“Hurry up!” He yelled. I snorted. Way to make a scene. I opened the door.


“Well?” I asked. He nodded at me and wrapped an arm around my waist. My arms instinctively wrapped around his neck and Ryan jumped into the air to land on the roof. We broke out into a run and jumped over roof to roof. “What are we gonna do to day?” I asked my teacher.


“You'll see.” Ryan said tersely. I frowned deeply. I hope it wasn't going to be anything stupid. Ryan suddenly stopped at the next roof we leaped over.


“Alright here we. Go rob this bank and try to make it out alive. Heroes are on patrol.” Ryan said in a flippant tone.


“Wait?” I paused staring at him intently. “You want me to what?”


“Did I stutter?” Ryan asked with a mordant tone. I sneered at him.


“Jack*ss!” I swore.


“Shut up and rob the bank, you Idiot.” Ryan gave a little push. I looked at him tentatively.


“Aren't you going to help me?” I asked shyly. Ryan gave mean grin.


“Aw, you scare?” He teased. My face flushed red indigently.


“Pfft!” I snorted. “Honey, I am so not scared.” I fibbed. So I lied. I'm terrified actually. I was ready to empty my bladder on my awesome costume. This was my first real solo mission. Normally I had Ryan right behind me watching my back, but now? Now I had to watch my own. For all I know a bullet can whiz straight toward my back and I wouldn't have the slightest clue.


“Well?” Ryan asked expectantly. “Get moving!” He waved me away and I swallowed thickly.

Well, I guess this is what Villains-in-Training do.