The Secrete: The Knowing | Teen Ink

The Secrete: The Knowing

December 1, 2011
By xo19brandee93xo SILVER, Griswold, Connecticut
xo19brandee93xo SILVER, Griswold, Connecticut
6 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?"


Blood coursed through my veins as I ran through the dark woods. Listening to the words "I'm going to kill you" run through my mind. I couldn't help but to run for my life into the dark menacing woods to shake the trail of the killers. Run I thought, run until I can't run any more. Suddenly I came up to a ledge of some sort. I looked down and it was a twenty foot drop to the bottom. I looked around for any alternative, a tree. A tall tree with few branches. I quickly tried to get up the tree before the killers came after me. I climbed so high that the view over the ledge was great. I heard running from below.
"Where did she go!? Couldn't of gone far there's a ledge right here and its a twenty foot drop." the shorter man said
"Check around she's hiding out look in trees!" the
taller man said.
I'm dead. I have to stop this now before it's to late. I took a great leap and landed on the tough ground below. "Right here dimwits."
"Well she came out for us. Smart girl I would say." the tall man said.
"I would say stupid move on her part. She don't know whats coming." the short one laughed
"Your wrong!" I laughed "Try me!"
"Your on little one." the tall one agreed and came after me.
The first few hits were easy to dodge. He was sloppy while throwing punches. It was my turn next. I landed multiple kicks and punches to his tall slender body. The short one finally decided to come into the little brawl. I took him by the neck and threw him into the tree near by. I held him there for awhile kneeing him in the stomach and punching his face. I then threw him down to the ground.
"Behind you Em!" a voice came in. I quickly turned and knocked out the taller guy that was running at me from behind.
"Jake?" I asked "What are you doing here?"
"Trying to help you out, but I guess you had it controlled." Jake mused
"Well thanks. Where were you I needed help just a little bit a ago. I need to find where these guys came from and who they work for. I can't have people after me. I would like to live a normal life for once." I Wondered
"Emily I know what you mean but since we are different we have to be careful."
"Being hunters isn't being different. I'm the only one that is different. I have greater power than everyone else. no one really knows." I sighed. Suddenly the tall guy woke up and started after me again. I took out my hidden stake and got him right in the heart. "Stupid vampires. Don't know when to stop. Take the short one back with us. Kris would like to play a little."


The author's comments:
Beginning of more to come. Look for the next parts of the story, find out more about Emily and her "power" and who is after Emily and what Jake's role is