Tales of a Gutsy Demigod part 4 | Teen Ink

Tales of a Gutsy Demigod part 4

January 11, 2014
By The-Noir-Poet GOLD, Sandy, Utah
The-Noir-Poet GOLD, Sandy, Utah
18 articles 0 photos 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It is part of wisdom never to revisit to a wilderness... To return not only spoils a trip, but also tarnishes a memory." Aldo Leopold


“Chiron, do you have any weapons?” I asked.
“Yes, back of the armory,” He replied. “But I think that you should stay here.”
“Too late!” I said, already passing through the doors to the weapons barracks.
What surprised me was that in the middle of the room, a pedestal made of obsidian held a…golf club. As I graved it, the screaming at the beach intensified.
“Alex, what are you doing?” asked Chiron as he entered the barracks. His eyes widened at the sight of me with the golf stick.
“Are you crazy? That is a very dangerous weapon. Myth says that is was forged by your father. Nobody has been able to get near it and much less; wield… it…”
Comprehension dawned in his mind.
“Of course, you are the son of Death. You are the only one that can use it without killing yourself.”
“Well, duh. Chiron, you should know that by now,” I said. “But if you don’t mind, why exactly did my dad forge a golf stick?”
“It is not a golf stick, if the heir of Death touches it; it will turn into the world’s most deadly weapon.” Chiron said, while both of us looked in awe at the golf club.
Only the sound of screaming broke the trance.
“So, what you are saying is that I have to touch it and it will turn into a nuke.”
“A NUKE!” Chiron whinnied, “my dear boy, the world’s most deadly weapon is the scythe called Doomsday, imeritecrisis, fabricated with space obsidian. Also, for what your father told me, if you tap it two times, it turns into a ring. You don’t mind rings do you?”
“No, I don’t, but right now, I have a monster to kill.”
Soon, I was ready with my armor that looked cool and Doomsday. Again, the tugging sensation came and when I released it I could feel the wings passing through the holes on the back. I started flapping my wings and as they took me to the beach, I tapped my weapon once and it sprung to a full size scythe, dark with magical engravings.
As I looked up, my mind simply blocked itself. In the water, slashing at the attacking campers was a giant sandworm, and I mean 200-yard-tall sandworm, waist up. These guys didn’t stand a chance; I landed in the ground causing a dust cloud a few hundred feet high, and my wings transformed into tattoos again.
Everybody looked my way, even the sandworm. I gripped one end of the crater, then the other and hauled myself out of the crater. The murmurs of awe were everywhere and then the screaming began again, except for the fact that this was just one girl. And she was dangling from the monsters hand. Everybody looked up, knowing they were not capable of anything, except to wish that her death was fast. But, lucky for her, I was nearby. Can’t blame them; my powers are beyond comprehension. Even I didn’t know all that I can do. But, I was growing my wings, gripping my scythe and running as fast as I could towards the sand creep. I jumped high in the air and stood eye-level with the monster.
“HEY UGLY!” I yelled.
“RRROOOOOOAAAAARRRR.” He let go of the girl.
“Ok, I hope that was a smart thing to do.” I flew toward it even faster than before, and, as he swept his huge claw at me, I made a dive and cached the girl.
She was stunned as I left her on the ground.
“Thank you!” she said, as they took her to the infirmary.
I flew again to eye level with beasty here and started slashing and chopping away, anytime he came too close to the campers but I was going to have to kill it. So, I advanced really fast towards his head and before anybody gasped, I nailed Doomsday in his forehead.
Horrible was not a word that could describe the look of the beast after I took care of him. He started trashing, and slapping the air, the space obsidian seemed to be disintegrating him, but it was not enough. I concentrated in my hands and this time, the black orbs of energy flew at the desired target. They flew across the bay and made impact. When they hit him, he got smaller, and smaller, and smaller until there was nothing left but a tooth, very intricate, with symbols all over. Written in what looked… Egyptian.
I looked back and found everybody staring dumbfounded at me, no wait, over me?
I looked up and saw why. Above my head, was a symbol? A skull with two crossed scythes.
“EVERYBODY, SALUTE ALEX THANATOS, SON OF THE SOUL SNATCHER, GRIM REAPER, DARK ONE, BRINGER OF FEAR, THE ETERNAL, THE WEAPON OF THE GODS!”
Shouted Chiron, who had just entered the beach, and everybody kneeled and bowed their heads. As I tapped Doomsday two times, everyone formed a circle around me. They started talking to me as I went to the infirmary.
“All right, all right,” said Chiron. “Let him breathe, honestly, you are acting as it’s like it is the first time somebody kills a monster that size in town.”
We all went to ‘the really big house’, where Chiron and the other camp masters held a meeting.
?
?
?
“We are here, holding a meeting because of the fact that a sand worm appeared in the beach. Also, because of the fact that the son of Death has arrived at this camp.”
They discussed the fact that I had killed a monster without proper training. Silenus the head faun, wanted to kill me because I had not fought in a Greek way.
“He is the son of Death!” he said. “How do we know if we can trust him?”
“Silenus, my friend,” said Chiron. “I hope that those –cough- useless –cough- years searching for Pan helped you see the help that allies can give you. But I think that maybe a few years of search can help you some more.”
“We all saw what he did, and Lupa already warned us about him.” Said a Minotaur, his horns glowed in golden tattoos and he wore a kilt made of leather. “He is a dangerous person. Until we can say otherwise, he stays under surveillance.”
“ Do you really think that Alex, here present, can be a threat to the camp?”
I sneezed and a bird that was flying around Silenus collapsed, breathing weakly.
“Jiffy!!” bellowed Silenus. “You monster, freak you son of a gorgon!”
“SILENUS!!!” yelled Chiron. “THAT IS ENOUGH. He had no guilt on this and your ridiculous bird is not dead.”
Thunder struck, Jiffy gave his soul and the weirdest thing happened. Nobody reacted but a man appeared out of thin air, graved the soul of the bird. He glanced at me and winked.
“Dad?” I asked. He nodded and blinked. Then, he shimmered into thin air.
Chiron, shivered, glanced over the table and glared at me.
“Alex, what do you mean ‘Dad’?”
“I mean that I just saw my Dad.”
A few seconds of silence and suddenly, screams filled the air and people shouted the name Thanatos. Chiron tried to regain the campers but to no good.
I stood up, and grew my wings which busted me up to the halfway to the ceiling.
“SILENCE!!!” I yelled. Silence fell immediately. They stared at me, floating up on the air, my buzzard wings extended, doomsday helping me emanate an aura of pure terror.
“If you don’t mind, my dad is a great person and there is no reason for you to be scared.”
Silenus stood up. Cleared his throat and said:
“I demand a quest, to compensate the fact that my best friend has died, and to probe the boy’s loyalty. He shall choose the two friends that he wants and must embark within one week, to go fetch the waters of the river Lethe and of the River Styx.”
There was gasping and everybody murmured. The Styx, Lethe? What was this crazy old goat asking for? And why?

I was walking to see the girl I had saved and ask her if she wanted to join the quest, when, my dad appeared out of nowhere, I mean, right in front of me.


The author's comments:
COMMENT!!!