The Silver Chare | Teen Ink

The Silver Chare

March 25, 2014
By Luela62 BRONZE, Leicester, Other
Luela62 BRONZE, Leicester, Other
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

(The Silver Chare)
Chapter 1 – Mr Lione

"It's getting out of control",




Dracel Lione nodded distractedly, "I know, I know" He said, speeding up his walking pace.





The younger Man struggled to keep up, "Well, what are you going to do about it?"





"Nothing, I'm not in a position to do anything, Mr Drake"




"But you agree it's a problem? What if something goes wrong? It has too much power!"




He spun around, "Keep your voice down!" He hissed,




"You may not value your life Mr. Drake. But I do." ,He added in a barely audible whisper.




I'm sorry!" Drake said sounding almost hurt, "I'm not used to this kind of thing, is it really as dangerous as you say?"





"Take a carriage to the third quarter, then perhaps you won't take this so light heartedly."



"Right" Drake said breathlessly



"Oh, and Mr. Drake - you were lucky you came to me, I don't expect the other Councellers would be as forgiving about your… unusual perspective"



"Right" Drake said again,




"And, you talk to no one else, yes?"





"Yes". A manager rounded the corner.




"I must go, Mr Lione, thank you for your time"





As Dracel set off towards the chamber, he wondered how long the young 'traitor' would live.

(The Silver Chare)
Chapter 2 - The Great Chamber

The Great Chamber was relatively small, considering that it’s purpose was to hold the council of the most powerful individuals in known existence. At the centre stood The Chare, it’s unnaturally human eyes completely closed. Arena style seating of huge marble steps ran round the circumference of the room, save for a gap containing the door. Various councellers sat in their allocated seats which depended on their rank and station. Johan Lenan sat to the right of the door in the area allocated to officers, he sat on the highest set of seats indicating that he was one of the most senior officers on the council. From his seat he had a direct view of The Chare without actually having to be anywhere near it, this suited him just fine. He could also keep an eye on both of his assignments.


The author's comments:
May add more chapters later, not sure at the moment.