The fulfillment of the dream | Teen Ink

The fulfillment of the dream

April 23, 2014
By Viola.B. SILVER, Ashgabat, Other
Viola.B. SILVER, Ashgabat, Other
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.























Joseph Gampbell


Have you ever tried to fall asleep, then awake and dream has come true? I've tried once and I can say I got so much pleasure from this experience. Although, the end of my wonderful dream was not so good, I really enjoyed this golden opportunity of doing what I wanted even for one night.

It happened in one evening. I was sitting by the window, finishing reading the book about the society of New York in 1890. Rich people, who had been described there, really fascinated me and I thought of being one of them. I imagined myself wearing beautiful clothes every day and every time having a dinner in the best restaurants of the city with the most respectful and famous people.

I closed the book and looked at the night sky, covered by stars. The light cool wind swayed my hair and I could feel how this fresh night breeze filled my room. I was trying to discern something on the full moon and waiting for some miracle to happen. Suddenly, the falling star distracted me a little bit from my thoughts and I quickly made a wish. I laughed at myself a little and went to bed with some levity.

When I woke up, the first thing that I saw was a big beautiful chandelier, hanging right above my bed. Then I started examining the whole room and it took me a second to realize that I wasn't in my room at all. I was lying on a big bed, covered by huge pink blanket. My pajamas were made from the silk and I felt how it softened my body. Then I saw the big mirror that was decorated by a beautiful red frame with unusual patterns and some glitter. The main thing that really impressed me was a huge wardrobe, standing next to this mirror. I thought of the clothes that could be hung in that wardrobe and quickly got up from my bed. When I opened it, I couldn't believe in what I saw and it seemed to me like I was in heaven.

Suddenly, somebody knocked the door. The old lady, holding the tray with breakfast came in and it made my thoughts more confused.
-Good morning, dear! What a beautiful sunny day! What are you planning to do: to spend the time in swimming pool or go shopping?
-Thanks, but I’d prefer to stay at home.-I said, not knowing what was going on.
-C’mon, my dear! This house is really big and your uncle has been accumulating money for it for so long, but you don’t have to spend all day here. You have billions of dollars that you got from the inheritance of your uncle! Go and have fun!
- OK, I'll go to do shopping.
-Good! I'll warn your driver to prepare a car.-she was so happy to say that like it was she who was going to have fun, not me.

When this old lady left, I screamed with delight and started jumping on my bed. I was wondering who that mysterious uncle was and why I didn't know anything about him, but I really wanted to thank him for his liberality. Of course, it was a stupid idea to do shopping while my wardrobe was full of different clothes that I could change even every hour, but I decided to get as many new things as I could like any capricious rich girl.

After having my breakfast, I left home and saw the real size of my estate. It was really enormous, consisting of seven floors and surrounded by the wonderful garden, where a lot of various flowers grew. White and purple lilacs were growing by the windows and I could smell them while wind was swaying their flowers. I made a deep breath in and closed my eyes. I didn't want to do anything but stand and feel this light coolness of the air that was very pleasing to my skin. The red limousine that appeared right in front of me interrupted my thoughts and I quickly get in, making the deep breath out.
Through the window I saw how lots of palms were passing by and almost everywhere was the title “Beverly Hills”. In this moment I completely relaxed and it seemed like the whole city belonged to me.
I came back home with many bags that were full of my clothes. I understood that I was too tired to go to swimming pool and let myself rest on the sofa. I turned on TV and saw that the most important match of two football teams Real Madrid and Barcelona will pass in the biggest stadium in Spain tomorrow. As a huge fan of football game, I couldn't miss this biggest event and I decided to watch it despite of everything. I told my housemaid about my plans and she promised to arrange my personal plain immediately.

I was in Spain in 7 hours. I spent the night in the hotel room that was really big and beautiful, but not as big as my own house, so I felt like I was sleeping in one-room flat.

The next day when the football match started, I could see people, drawing the symbols of the teams on each other's faces. There was no any place in the stadium, so everybody was yelling and it made me close my ears by hands for a short time.

When Real Madrid won the game with the score 7:3, I was dying to take a picture with famous Ronaldo. As everybody gathered on the field, screaming with delight, I was trying to force my way to this wonderful football player. Three, two, one and Ronaldo was already standing in front of me. At this moment the sense of excitement overwhelmed me and I couldn't find any words to say.

Suddenly, I heard how somebody called my name. When I turned around I saw Messi, standing in 5 foots behind us. He was looking at me with his piercing glance and smiling very wickedly. The ball was right in front of his legs and he had a position like he was going to make a goal. I wasn't mistaken about that. He took a little run, hit the ball and it flew right to my face.

I shuddered a little bit and opened my eyes. The first thing that I saw was a shelf full of books covered by posters of “One Direction”. The photos of my family and friends were on the shelf too and it made me smile. Then I saw an Algebra book on my table and only after that I understood what was going on. I got up quickly in disbelief and put my head into my hands. My heart was breaking in million parts and the most important thing that I wanted to do in this moment is to scream.”Where is Beverly Hills? Where is my limousine and where is my housemaid?”-my soul was yelling. I was so desperate but it took me 10 minutes to calm down completely. I rose my head and then said to myself:”C’mon, Viola. Everything is not so bad. You are only 16 and who knows what will happen in the future”.