Younger Years | Teen Ink

Younger Years

January 13, 2016
By RachelB. BRONZE, West Chester, Pennsylvania
RachelB. BRONZE, West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" - Eleanor Roosevelt


I remember.

 

The years when nothing mattered. When all my brothers and I did was play. Nothing mattered yet. We were just kids.

 

Just kids.

 

But, I grew up. And I grew up fast. When your mom dies and your dad leaves, you learn. Learn that the world isn't always rainbows and unicorns. Their's death and destruction. Family's are torn apart.

 

Our grandparents tried everything.

 

But, sometimes everything is nothing.


Now, at the age of 16, I knew I was destined to follow. Follow the footsteps of my ancestors. Being the government's youngest CIA agent is hard. Death and destruction follow you everywhere.


Information from my memory flows easily, as I finish filling out my latest case. Soon, this file will be added to the growing pile of completed files.

 

20 minutes. 20 minutes. 20 minutes.

 

 

20 minutes until I leave. Those 20 minutes fly by faster than I thought.

 

Gathering up all of my stuff, I head out to the doors leading me away.

 

But, before I get there something pierces my skin. And does it hurt. Hurt bad.

The alarms go off and suddenly people are everywhere. My uncle comes rushing out and see me. He subtlety starts making hand motions.

 

Those signals help me believe that we're being attacked.

 

Then the bomb goes off and everything goes black.