Sequal to Midas and the golden touch | Teen Ink

Sequal to Midas and the golden touch

SequalMidasgoldentouch BRONZE, Katy, Texas

On a fine noon, MIdas was walking around his garden, Midas wore his red and white robe,a golden necklace, his chiseled hair was glistening in sunlight. Midas was quite calm, his daughter had just started a family with 3 lovely children, up above  Apollo was probably finishing his runs with his chariot, for a brief moment, he thought he saw it- the golden chariot with beautiful white pegasi. It would be time that he would retreat to his palace,”SIr! I think that it is time for you to go back to your palace!” That was Midas’s loyal guard, Aetolos.”Your are right, Aetolos, but I would like to stay outside for a bit more’” Midas said in a calm voice,”Very well, my king”. Midas sat on a bench near a pond, as he could hear the wind from his ear. Thepeaceful moon lulling everyone to sleep, Midas was thinking about his people, they had gone through a hard crisis, very little money to go around to all the worker, oh, how wonderful it would be for his people to rejoice again all in peace, for right now , all he could do was watch in agony. Sounds of laughter across the field broke his deep sense of thought. He crept behind a bush to see where it was coming from, as he neared the bush he saw a fire and felt a lot of wind close by. Midas figured they were venti(Wind spirits), because some were a flying above. The venti were laughing and singing” We’re free! We’re free! Haha!” Midas has a crazy idea, what if he could control them? It would've been crazy to think that, but it was worth a go. Midas stepped out of the bush and said, “Hello”. Suddenly the wind stopped, completely. In front of Midas formed an old boy,” What do you want?” The boy sharply said, Midas responded”All I want is to control you” The boy laughed” that's impossible, only Zeus can control us, for you to control us, you would need to ask Zues’s permission” The boy cursed under his breath realizing what he had just said.” You idiot!” One venti said,”We’ll never be free again!” another said.” Will still get to go to northern   Greece? Midas yelled arrogantly,”Enough! Just tell me how to find Zues!” “I will take you there myself” A middle age man said”C’mon now, I'm not going to wait that long, you know” Immediately Midas got carried into the sky with a lot of wind pressure, Midas was planning in his head what he could do with this enormous power, he could make other castles tremble with his feat, he could fly beyond limits! Such power made Midas giddy with excitement. A moment later he was walking on clouds, his body felt so weightless, he was on Mount Olympus! And imagine meeting Zeus! Lord of skies, king of the Gods. As he reached the entrance, he couldn't help but admire the amazing display of golden doors, Inside led to a grand hall, with all the god’s statues on every side, Poseidon with his trident, Hades with his evil yet daring looks, and in the centre was the grand king himself, Zeus. “O Zeus! Master of wind, lord of the skies, most worthy King of all, I wish to speak with you!” Nothing happened, Midas wondered if Zeus was busy, perhaps blasting mortal with his lightning bolts and what not. Out of nowhere the ground-er, clouds started trembling him, the statue of Zeus shook and transformed into a 15 foot tall man, bolts on either side of his hands, long shaggy beard, a royal robe,”WHY ARE YOU HERE, MORTAL!” Thundered Zeus,” All I ask is some power over venti, the sky and have a share of bolts” Replied Midas,”HAHAHA” laughed Zeus,”Any mortal would be foolish enough to ask that, it is too powerful for you!” “I can still try, I can and I will do it” Midas said,” I like your determination, your bravery, and one more thing, Why do you want such power?”Midas hesitated, he did not think Zeus would ask such a question, Zeus would probably make him fall of Olympus’” To help good people, to lift them out of trouble, to blast evil doers that try hurt people.” Replied Midas,” Very well, I will do so” Immediately power surged into his body, his body glowed a bright yellow, and in a blink of an eye, he was on the ground, to test his abilities, he summoned a strong winds, the winds obeyed and came an powerful gust of wind, he summoned lighting and in seconds the ground was blasted to dust. Midas was overjoyed, he would be ruler of the world! One problem, was that he didn't know where he was, two figures were entering a portal like frame, Midas thought he was dizzy, then he realized that they were skeletons and they were entering the underworld, as that happened, a crazy idea formed in his head, what if he could control the dead? The only possible way to do that was to ask Hades, lord of the underworld. Quickly he ducked into the portal and asked Chiron, who leads the dead to meet Hades,” You are not dead, come back when you are dead” Replied Chiron. “See I'm a good man and I like to help people, that's why I am here, can't you just take me there and back just this once?” Pleaded Midas. “ I am a reasonable man, I shall take you there” Chiron said. In a matter of minutes stood the marvellous castle of Hades, embedded with skulls on the walls, dark red and green fire spewing out.” You are on your own now, farewell.” Said Chiron. Midas walked up the ghastly stairs muttering sorrow to themselves. He reached the door and opened it,  a short man was sitting in a entire skull throne, he had a dark red robe, and has a middle sized dragon sleeping on his side. “Your honour, I have come to ask you a favor, I want to have the power to control the dead.” said Midas.”You what?” Hades phrased,” I had said it and I will say it again, I want to control the dead.” Midas replied” “Do you know what you could do with the dead?, you could take down empires! And- wait, why do you want this?” Asked Hades. Midas responded the same response he had with Zeus,”Well, I am a good man and I would like to use this power to help the good people from bad invaders in Greece, I could use the skeletons to rebuild my city, I will only use this power for good,”Okay then, hades raised his hand, Midas’s body instantly sparked red, it swirled around him and had a sudden stop, he felt a slight tingle in his body with turned to a bearable pain, and immediately he felt a hand over him and he slept. A moment later he awoke on the coast, he smelled the fresh sea air in his nose, he saw divine fish swimming in the water, and again he thought, if he could control the water! Ah, this could wash over cities, with this final power, he would never be stopped! He first needed to find a way to actually breath underwater, he could maybe ask the fish something…”Hello I am king Midas, I need to speak to lord Poseion,.” The fish replied” youuu wooold like tooo speeak to Possiedon? Well the only way to do that would be to call the dolphins.” The fish shrieked, and two dolphins appeared, they instantly starting swishing their tail, the water cleared to make a dry path that led directly to a moss covered pakace, embedded with clams and seashell,it looked exsquisite.” Hurry noww, befffore the pattth clooses.” Midas quickly ran to the palace, the door opened, and inside was particularly empty, except with some mermaids, huge crabs serving a green colored, man with a trident in his right hand.” Hello mortal, what business do you have with me?” Asked Poseidon.” I would only like to control the water” Replied Midas. Poseidon instantly blew in rage,” HA! A MORTAL! YOU CAN’T DO IT! YOU ARE ONLY A PUNY MORTAL!” Midas said” Look Poseidon, I wish to help only good people, from bad invaders, I could wash away bodies to the sea!” Poseidon remarked” I do have a soft spot for marvelous heroes, so I shall do as you command” The water instantaneously swirled around and steamed, the water became hot, then cooled, finally, Midas felt strong, water surged into his body, he felt dizzy, and felt to his feet. A long time later, he woke up in his bed, it was a bright morning, and MIdas felt relieved, he has so much power! At that instant he got up, changed and commanded his remaining military to attack a nearby city. When the military invaded, the other city laughed, they had a huge empire, and as they were about to attack, a huge wave crashed against them, thunder fried them, and skeletons rose and battle them, MIdas felt so great, he watched in joy as the enemy crumpled to their feet, then everything stopped, time slowed down and three thunderous voice joined together to say”MIDAS!!” Midas thought that was just himself, but in front of him he saw the three same figures he saw before, Zeus, Hades, Poseidon. Zeus said” MIdas! You have betrayed us! You shall be shunned for all eternity!” Hades interrupted,” I shall take this mortal to the underworld, he shall be punished!’ Midas instantly felt a bit guilty, but he was already chained in the underworld, where he is there still today being Pecked by the three headed dog, Cerberus for thousands of years to come.