The Road of Life | Teen Ink

The Road of Life

By tori. BRONZE, Slidell, Louisiana
tori. BRONZE, Slidell, Louisiana

The ground is still, a constant in the variables of life’s journey on the open road. The wheels of the cars that drive upon it are moving rapidly. The engines are vibrating as they push the cars forward. The traffic of vehicles is never-ending. The highways are packed with speeding cars flying amongst the paved ground. Yet, the road stays still. While other factors are moving upon it, the road is steady. Everyone on the road has a different purpose for being on it---a drive to the grocery store, a trip to a friend’s house, a speeding rush to get to the hospital, a joyous drive to a wedding, a visit for a family reunion, or a drive to school. The people around each other do not have the same reason for being on the road. They are not all be going to the same place, and they might not have ever touched lives before. Yet, their journey to their different destinations all placed them on a constant, motionless road. Everyone is on a different journey, traveling at different speeds to get to a destination. Each person has an individual goal and his or her own journey’s end, but everyone has to travel on a road to get there. People’s lives are all unique but life, in general, is the same. The human capability to live is definite, but how people choose to live their lives is an individual choice. How people choose to drive on the road, where people choose to end up, and when people choose to ride out their decisions, are all aspects of life that vary. However, the road of life will always be constantly stationary as people merge onto it, live their lives, and drive to their destination.