Its Three Of Me | Teen Ink

Its Three Of Me

By jkirksey BRONZE, Peoria, Illinois
jkirksey BRONZE, Peoria, Illinois

Its Three Of Me

I’m about to tell you something that seems unbelievable, but believe me, it's very much real. I met, me, myself, and I. I’m very serious. I met 3 of my future selves, 3 of me, 3 of me with different crazy jobs. One of me is a world class chef, the other one is a personal trainer, and the other one is a UFC fighter. I know it sounds crazy, but just follow along on the story. The day I met all the me’s was crazy. 

First, I met my Chef self. I walked into this beautiful restaurant in L.A. Then I saw this man, this man who looked just like me. He brought out beautiful dishes and they were tasty. His face was all over the restaurant and I looked very closely. It was me, but it can’t be me because I’m there right now. He looked just like me and we had the same name. I went to talk to him. He even sounded like me. We started looking at each other. I asked him what his favorite color was. He said blue, that's my favorite color. We had the same parents and siblings. This can’t be real. I asked him if he would come with me to see if there are more of us. He said yes because we were both curious. So we we’re walking and saw a flier on the wall of a man who looked just like us. 

He was a personal trainer in Denver. He talked about how pretty Denver was, and all the awesome activities you can do for fitness. You can go hiking in the mountains, or explore in the parks. It says on the flier he’s one of the best in the world and he trains celebrities and world class athletes. So we hopped on the first flight to Denver to see the other one of us. We get to his gym and he is clearly the strongest of us. He is in the best shape of his life or should I say of our life. He was very good at his job. He knows how to talk to people, he knows how to teach and bring people together. We had to introduce ourselves and we had to come up to him after his class. He looked at both of us and was overwhelmed. He thought we weren't real. He said this, “I can’t believe that you guys look just like me. I always wanted to be a triplet.” 

I had to explain to him that there is one more of us and he is actually the best fighter in the world. He is the Middleweight UFC champion of the world and he fights tomorrow in New York and I got tickets and backstage passes whether you are coming or not. He said, “Let's go.” We hopped on the first fight to New York then went to the fight that night. The main event came and Bruce Buffer said, “And out of the Red corner, Josh “The Predator” Kirksey. He was clearly the best in the world. He showed how much better he was than everyone else. He was on a different level. He finished the fight very fast with a knockout. He hit him with a beautiful spinning back kick. Then he heard those wonderful words: “And still…the UFC middleweight champion of the world Josh ‘’The Predator’’ Kirksey!” After the fight we went out to eat and talked all night about everything. We first talked about how this is possible. We came up with the crazy idea that we are from different worlds, and somehow we are in the same world now. We sat there for hours trying to figure it out. 

Next, we talked about how we got into our careers. “Well I will start,'' said Josh 3. “I got into the UFC because I love the art of fighting. I love the learning process, it just gets me going. I love everything about it. I just want to be the best of all time. That's what keeps me going.”

“Let me tell y'all about my career,” Josh 2 said. “I started personal training because I just love helping people. I want everyone to live a long healthy life”. 

“I guess I’m next,” Josh 1 said. “I’m in love with food and I like making it. I also love helping people. That's a big thing of mine.”

We just continued to talk. I told them how high school is going for me, and what I want to do after high school. I told them about my love for basketball and how I started playing. I also told them about my friends and family. I told them how my dad is my best friend and how my mom is my everything. They told me about their experiences and everything they went through to get where they are in life and how hard it was. They went on and on about how anything is possible if you put your mind to it. 

Then, they told me everything they did to be great, or the best at whatever it is they chose as a career. It's crazy how much they did to become the way they are. They work so hard they don’t know how to fail. We talk about everything we like. You won’t believe it, but we all liked the same things. We had the same siblings, they just did different things. All our parents did different jobs; not all of us had dogs. We enjoy talking to each other because we all love the same things. Our talks meant the world to us because this is a one and a lifetime thing. When we finally got done we all went our separate ways but we never forgot what we taught each other. When I finally got home I woke up. It was a dream, one of the best dreams I have ever had. It makes me want to work even harder to be what I want in life.