a tribute to my friends | Teen Ink

a tribute to my friends

By Brooke_Lynn SILVER, Flanagan, Illinois
Brooke_Lynn SILVER, Flanagan, Illinois

1.) "live the life you love, love the life you live" Bob Marley

2.) "get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please" Mark Twain

3.) "i never try to fit in, i was born to stand out" Unknown

To Whom It May Concern:

My friends and I are the world to one another. Sure we fight, but then again, when haven’t we? The best critics in the world have nothing on us. We squabble and bicker like the best of them. An outsider looking in would think we had major clique problems. But at the end of the day, what does the fighting matter? We’re the best of friends we put the claws away, (for the time being) and hang out like good pals. Sharing secrets. Giving mani-pedis, doing just plain girl things.

But, as they say, everything good must come to an end. The good times are long-gone and forgotten. The claws come back out. Words are flung around; girls choose their sides. Those left out are targeted as the next victims. Secrets are told. Tears are shed. Where are the people I thought I called my friends? Maybe I didn’t know them as well as I thought I did. So, for now I’ll just sit out my friends’ furry. Much like waiting for a storm to pass. It’ll give me time to about the madness surrounding whom I used to call my friends.

Yours in consideration,
Bee

a recent spat between two of my closest friends inspired me to write this. i know that i'm not the only person who has been stuck in the middle before, so here's to you guys!

dule05 BRONZE said...
dule05 BRONZE, Kraljevo, Other
1 article 1 photo 102 comments
this is so realistic god, I hate why things have to end that way, sides and sides and always sides....great job!

Brooke_Lynn SILVER, Flanagan, Illinois

awwwww! thnx mom! luv u!

xoxo, bee<3

Love the short story. Keep writing. Never know where your next inspiration will come from.