Black Nikes | Teen Ink

Black Nikes

September 30, 2022
By dancingqueen17 BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
dancingqueen17 BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Last night, I dreamt I was climbing up the never ending bean stalk of Jacks. Although, I came to the realization that it was more of an olive stalk than anything. As I tended to reach the top of the stalk, the air became cool. Mist formed and a slight fog suffocated me. As I reached the top, I heard someone call “What is up!”. I turned to look and there he was. Mr. Abraham Lincon. “Oh shoot.” I verbally said aloud. He seemed confused on why I said that, but on his way he went as he turned around and scurried away. I felt confused. The statistics didn’t add up to how I was alive at such a high altitude. My head pulsed. I heard Abraham scream, “To infinity and beyond!”. He soared like a stingray as he floated through the sky. Me still. Waiting for the clear moment to make a run to solid ground. I sat and waited observing the vicinity. No sign of Abraham, but I did it, I jumped. Next thing I know I was on solid ground. It was made up of dusty brown gravel. I was in awe of the entertainment and beautiful sights to be seen on this questionable island. To my left, Ross Lynch was banging to some of his tunes shirtless. To my right was a beautiful hanging lake and waterfall. I feel myself smile at the beauty. I looked down and scurried back, seeing my death right before my eyes. I looked up. The Loch Ness monster was flying above my head. I screamed and tucked into a tight ball. I raised my head to see if I was in the clear. That’s when I noticed something unusual. The Loch Ness monster was wearing a high top white converse pair of shoes. “Hola!” The Loch Ness monster said. “WHAT!” I thought to myself. “Did he just… talk?” I was in shock but that stopped when I felt someone lightly sway their hand on my back. I quickly jumped around to see Ryan Gosling. Before I could make a sound he said, “You’re 19 right?”. “What? No, I'm an interior designer.” I say back not thinking. The love of my life was standing right infront of me. How was I not supposed to be blank in my head? All I thought about was pumpkin cream cold foam and the oozing yolk in an eggs benedict. My head spun faster than a SJV zero gravity ride. “I love you!!!” I screamed loudly to break the awkward silence. “Welp too bad, I needed to lose you to love me.” said Ryan. I love Colleen Hoover now.” At that moment I awoke. 


I am climbing up the never ending bean stalk of Jacks. Although, I came to the realization that it was more of an olive stalk than anything. As I tended to reach the top of the stalk, the air became cool. Mist formed and a slight fog suffocated me. As I reached the top, I heard someone call “What is up!”. I turned to look and there he was. Mr. Abraham Lincon. “Oh shoot.” I verbally said aloud. He seemed confused on why I said that, but on his way he went as he turned around and scurried away. I am confused. The statistics don’t add up to how I was alive at such a high altitude. My head is pulsing. I hear Abraham scream, “To infinity and beyond!”. He is soaring like a stingray as he floats through the sky. Me still. I wait for the clear moment to make a run to solid ground. I sat, waiting and observing the vicinity. No sign of Abraham, but I did it, I jumped. Next thing I know I was on solid ground. It is made up of dusty brown gravel. I am in awe of the entertainment and beautiful sights to be seen on this questionable island. To my left, Ross Lynch is banging to some of his tunes shirtless. To my right is a beautiful hanging lake and waterfall. I feel myself smile at the beauty. I look down and scurry back, I see my death right before my eyes. I look up. The Loch Ness monster, flying above my head. I scream and tuck into a tight ball. I raise my head to see if I am in the clear. That’s when I notice something unusual. The Loch Ness monster is wearing a high top white converse. “Hola!” The Loch Ness monster says. “WHAT!” I think to myself. “Did he just… talk?” I am in shock but that stopped when I felt someone lightly sway their hand on my back. I quickly jump around seeing Ryan Gosling. Before I made a sound he said, “You’re 19 right?”. “What? No, I'm an interior designer.” I say back not thinking. The love of my life was standing right infront of me. How am I not supposed to be blank in my head? All I think about is pumpkin cream cold foam and the oozing yolk in an eggs benedict. My head spun faster than a SJV zero gravity ride. “I love you!!!” I scream loudly to break the awkward silence. “Welp too bad, I needed to lose you to love me.” said Ryan. I love Colleen Hoover now.”