Last Night | Teen Ink

Last Night

Last night I dreamt of the millions of stars that come between me and the edge of mars. I sat outside of my small cabin that overlooked Lake Tahoe in California. The deep crimson blue of the water glistened in the night and I could only think about the creatures that hide beneath the surface. I caught a glimpse of a creature in the distance that appeared to be bigfoot. A creature so powerful but yet so majestic. I was struck by surprise when a massive monsoon of rain poured down on me. I had no idea what to do so I just began to count. I was about to reach 732 when someone tapped me on the shoulder. Morgan Whallen appeared behind me and offered me a grape gatorade. I gladly took it and couldn’t believe my eyes. I choked on my words and mumbled, “Did you get taller?”. He grabbed his guitar and started playing this bar as we made s'mores around the fire. Kanye West then appeared, and criticized me for my worn down vans. While I wanted to feel offended, I could do nothing but smile. The three of us scattered into the woods telling each other stories and arguing about football. As our hike came to a near end we each split apart taking a separate path. I followed the signs towards the lake and found myself swimming in my clothes. As the night came to an end, I reminisced about everything that just happened.

This is a piece based off of synesthesia.