The Girl with the Piercing Green Eyes | Teen Ink

The Girl with the Piercing Green Eyes

By payton_buckman26 SILVER, Louisville, Kentucky
payton_buckman26 SILVER, Louisville, Kentucky

I was walking one night to the grocery store to pick up the groceries and to say hi to my favorite store worker. Then I saw a girl. She had beautiful long black hair that looked soft and flowy in fact, her hair looked like the night, it was so black and beautiful. She was wearing a red shirt and a green coat. The shirt and jacket looked like watermelon and made me hungry. Her eyes matched her jacket. They were gleaming with joy; I thought she was going to scream, she looked so excited.

The young child had shiny silver heart earrings that looked handmade. They were so pretty and so shiny that I thought I was going to go blind. Her skin was so beautiful, too; her hands looked so soft. They looked so nice and comforting like she was never going to let you go. Her face was clear and looked like she was refreshed, so shiny and nice.

I walked past her, and she looked at me with her piercing green eyes and then looked away. Despite wanting to stare I continued to walk. I wondered where she had come from, since I had never seen her before. I looked at all the other people on the sidewalk, but they did not seem to notice her at all. It is like everyone else was familiar with her, but I walk past that store every day and had never seen her before. She just looked really happy and so nice.

I walked into the store and realized that she was the girl, my favorite store clerk had brought her daughter to work. That’s why she was so happy. She was with her mom. I was in awe. I go up to the store clerk with a basket in my hand and said your little girls’ eyes are so beautiful just like yours. She looked at me like she was thankful, but kept silent, just smiling when I made my way home, I couldn’t help but think about the girl with the piercing green eyes.

This piece is about a this girl walking to the store and she sees this little girl sitting outside the store and the girl notices all of the beautiful things about her but she sees her eyes that where this beautiful shade of green and that's where the tidal comes from.