Blue is not Sadness, Blue is Truthfulness. | Teen Ink

Blue is not Sadness, Blue is Truthfulness.

By TheBlake_Merrill BRONZE, West Brookfield, Massachusetts
TheBlake_Merrill BRONZE, West Brookfield, Massachusetts

If blue represents the true emotions of going through life on a scale to the happiest to the saddest you've ever been, might yellow represent the mask that goes over your pain to cause a green haze in the eyes of the see-er. In your eyes-You Are The See-er. If the green haze is how you see the world, why? What is stopping you from looking at the world and seeing the beautiful blues, and the ugly ones too? What is your yellow mask? Music, harm or maybe even simply pretending that what you are going through is not as bad as it seems. Do you invalidate things you have gone through because someone else almost definitely has it worse? Why? Tell me darling, why are your feelings not important enough? Why is this thing that is hurting you so deeply not sharp enough to be considered a blade even though it's actively slicing through your soul? Why do you not see the world-Your World-as how it really is? Why do you see green instead of visualizing a blue haze of lighter tints and darker ones? Why do you instead see a place that consists of yellows, greens, and the occasional blues your mind's eye may attempt to project? Why do you live in a fake world cast by uncertainty and doubt? Why not a real world, full of glorious truths and feelings? When will you learn that you matter too? Your feelings matter. The situation you are in is not easy, and it cuts you open so deeply. So why love, why can you not see that the world should be blue, and not green? 

This was written from a prompt in my writing club: "Between the green and the blue, the blue was the better choice". I really took this prompt and ran with it, but this is the edited version, the original draft was pretty rough. It is intended to represent an unidentified person talking to you and asking about the way you see life. Blue represents the honest parts of life, while yellow is the lies and ignorance a lot of people use to cope with challenging situations. The mixture of blue and yellow creates green, which is where most people are: between acknowledging tough conditions and trying to cope with them by pretending everything is fine.