Dangerous Dreams/ Prologue | Teen Ink

Dangerous Dreams/ Prologue

By Bridie ELITE, Massapequa, New York
Bridie ELITE, Massapequa, New York

She can because she thinks she can.

Being normal, it must feel nice. To know that you are safe. I can scarcely remember what it feels like, that is how long I have been afraid. Tell me what it is like to wake up from a nightmare and feel safe and know it was only a dream, for I cannot remember that. I want to be able to wait and say, “Yes, finally sleep”; instead, I would rather die than go to sleep. However, why would I kill myself when I can just as easily be murdered in my own dreams and never wake up?

I want to wish for all the good dreams to be real, and be thankful that the nightmares are just a trick of the mind. Nevertheless, I do not want any of them to be real, because my dreams were stolen and replaced with nightmares. My life has become a living hell with nothing to hope for but death because of the pain and the unknown. Most of all I wish this could be the end; instead, it is only the beginning of my dangerous dreams.

This is the prologue to the book that I'm writting. I'll try to post a new chapter each month. PLEASE give me alot of feedback both positive and negative, I want to know any ideas or if you would read it. That would be really amazing!Thank You for reading my work!

vikigungor said...
This made me want to read more of it almost immediately. It sounds so different compared to a lot of the books that are out currently.

Hay_Wire PLATINUM, Independence, Missouri
great prologue..cant wait to see more.. looks really interesting.i never have the patience to do somethign like that,so good luck