Dangerous Dreams/ Prologue | Teen Ink

Dangerous Dreams/ Prologue

June 10, 2009
By Bridie ELITE, Massapequa, New York
Bridie ELITE, Massapequa, New York
109 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
She can because she thinks she can.


Being normal, it must feel nice. To know that you are safe. I can scarcely remember what it feels like, that is how long I have been afraid. Tell me what it is like to wake up from a nightmare and feel safe and know it was only a dream, for I cannot remember that. I want to be able to wait and say, “Yes, finally sleep”; instead, I would rather die than go to sleep. However, why would I kill myself when I can just as easily be murdered in my own dreams and never wake up?

I want to wish for all the good dreams to be real, and be thankful that the nightmares are just a trick of the mind. Nevertheless, I do not want any of them to be real, because my dreams were stolen and replaced with nightmares. My life has become a living hell with nothing to hope for but death because of the pain and the unknown. Most of all I wish this could be the end; instead, it is only the beginning of my dangerous dreams.


The author's comments:
This is the prologue to the book that I'm writting. I'll try to post a new chapter each month. PLEASE give me alot of feedback both positive and negative, I want to know any ideas or if you would read it. That would be really amazing!Thank You for reading my work!