The Wedding | Teen Ink

The Wedding MAG

Lynn woke up early on June 1 and ran to the window. It would be a gorgeous day for a wedding she thought. The sun was shining, birds were chirping in the distance and the sky was a bright blue.

Glancing at the clock she quickly dressed and climbed into her car to drive to the church. There she was shown a small room to change. As she sat on the couch and took deep breaths, trying to calm herself, her door opened and in popped Denise. She wore a bright smile as she laughed and joked with Lynn about silly things like tripping and falling on her face. Lynn knew that Denise wasn't nervous at all and Lynn envied her.

"I'm so nervous," Lynn confided to Denise.

"You should be. This is a big day," she replied. "We should hurry and get changed."

Denise was the maid of honor and together they dressed with remarkable speed for there wasn't much time. A knock on the door told them the wedding was about to start. Lynn and Denise practically ran to their places for the service. Lynn gulped and smoothed down her white gown of silk and lace, clutching her bouquet of roses tightly with sweaty palms. She greeted her father and tried to force a smile. Oh wow! Am I nervous, Lynn thought to herself.

"Don't worry," her dad whispered in her ear. "You'll be wonderful."

Taking her arm as the organ started, they marched down the aisle. She was really nervous, but also excited. Lynn had rehearsed for a long time and now Lynn hoped she would at least remember her vows. Her dad squeezed her arm tightly as if to say "you'll do fine." As they approached the altar Lynn took John's hand. She could feel what must have been thousands of eyes on them and the silence in the church was stifling as they exchanged their vows. When the priest pronounced them husband and wife, Lynn and John turned and walked down the aisle. Waiting until they were out of sight, Lynn let out a shriek of joy and gave John a big hug.

"Oh, we made it! I made it! It's finally over!" Lynn remarked happily.

"Hey, you did fine," John said, "but you know we have to do it again tonight."

"Oh no! Not again!" Lynn moaned.

"Well, you know what they say," John remarked. "The show must go on."

"I'm quitting show business!" Lynn told him.

As the rest of the cast came over to congratulate them, Lynn's spirits changed. While John and she went out for one last bow, Lynn looked at the audience smiling and clapping loudly and she realized that she was actually looking forward to the evening performance.n

i love this !

coolwriter said...
Really unexpected ending, I love the twist :) Great piece!

liz_graham BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
that was wonderful i never expected the ending!