The Red Toyota | Teen Ink

The Red Toyota MAG

It was dark and cold, at 9: 30. The full moon lit my path. I was on my way to get a pizza at Domino's. Since my 1979 green Mazda wagon had broken down the week before, I had to walk over a mile in the December cold of Boston.

I decided to cut through a parking lot to shorten my long journey. That was where I made my mistake.

Everything was fine until I came to a red Toyota Hatchback. As I walked by it, I heard a muffled scream. I stopped cold in my tracks. I stood there listening hard. I heard constant banging and muffled screaming coming from the Toyota. Turning around slowly, I started to walk back towards the car.

I peered into the window and saw a man and a woman struggling in the back seat. The woman caught my eye. She seemed to know me. Then I realized it was my neighbor, Anita Carson. My eye caught a flint of steel through the window. The man had long black hair and a mean face. He had a scar on his right cheek and a thick moustache.

I stood by the car, my mouth dropping open. The man turned around. He snickered and pressed his face and hands up against the car's window, making obscene faces. I tried hard to scream, but nothing came out. I turned and ran home as fast as I could. I locked the doors, climbed into bed, and sat there petrified. I saw shadows and heard noises. I tried hard not to think of that awful screaming, her frightened eyes, and the face that he made against the car window.

The next morning, I was still shaky. I sat down at the kitchen table to pick at my eggs when suddenly I heard a crash. Could it be the man with the scar on his face? Did he know where I lived? Then I realized that it was that paper boy hitting the window again. I stormed outside and grabbed The Globe. As I tore off the rubber band, an article caught my eye. Sitting back down at the table, I began to read:

"Man's Head Found In Red Toyota

Last night, around 11: 00, a man's head was found in a red Toyota. The car was abandoned in the parking lot near Domino's Pizza. There was a distinguishing scar on the right cheek of the victim. No body was found. The car was registered in the name of a Mr. James Arlington. Whoever killed Mr. Arlington is considered to be armed and extremely dangerous. See page 12. "

i love this !

Winters_Willow SILVER, Beijing, Other

"Treat others the way you wish to be treated." ~Ghandi
"You are the worst pirate I've ever heard of." "Ah, but you've heard of me." ~Pirates of the Caribbean
"A man who has never done anything wrong, has never tried anything new." ~Albert Einstein

Woah, very unexpected ending. I'm assuming you like reading horror stories?

I have to wonder, what happened to the body, and what happened to the neighbor?

Zwidon said...
Zwidon, Encinitas, California

Wow. I admit to not being very impressed with the quality of writing but then I got to the end and had to go back and reread it. It mad me think. It really exploited our subcounscious sexism and stereotyping.

It made me think and the quality of writing is nothing so long as it can do that.