The Wedding I Won't Forget | Teen Ink

The Wedding I Won't Forget

By Kayleen SILVER, Centralia, Washington
Kayleen SILVER, Centralia, Washington

I stood there as a Jr. Brides maid, the fifth person from where the bride was going to stand. The 4 year old, and 8 year old flower girls had just finished their walk down the path way. There were red, and white rose petals all over, a blue silk walk way, and about 70 chairs and all of them with a family or friend sitting there with faces of anticipation. Once the little girls sat down, the mother of the bride (also my mother) stood up, and then everyone else did as she did. Then the curtains opened up, and there stood the stunning bride. Her black hair was half way up with a diamond tiara on top. She wore the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. It was per white with a train that seemed like a mile long, and had golden beads that made designs of swirls, and flowers all over. She didn’t have the vale over her face, but she did have one, and it went perfect with her dress and hair! The typical wedding music came on, and she walked down the aisle. She did not walk down with her father. Even though she would have liked to, she had to be a big girl and do it on her own. Finally the music came to a stop and it went silent. You could almost hear the bride and grooms hearts beating they were so loud. You could tell that they weren’t loud because they were scared, but that they were loud because they were exited. The way the groom looked at his soon to be wife was the look that you can only get from that special someone. The priest started to talk, half of the words he was saying I didn’t understand. But I did understand “Jonelle will you take David to be your wedded husband?” Her response “Hmmm….I don’t know….Of course I do!” The priest continued to say “David do you take Jonelle to be your wedded husband?” David’s response “Yes. Yes I do!” “I now pronounce you both husband and wife! You may now kiss the bride!” David “Finally thank you!” David dipped Jonelle down and kissed her pasinetly. A swing jazz type of song comes on, and they marched down the aisle arm in arm, proud to be married. I looked around to see more than half of the audience was in tears (including me) but the two that stood out the most were the mothers of the bride and groom. Their little babies weren’t babies anymore, they were growing up fast. But I couldn’t stair any longer; it was my turn to walk down and out of the church with my arm linked with my cousin’s. I no longer could say I didn’t have a brother. My sister could finally start her family that she had always dreamed of. It was a night I won’t forget, and nor will anyone who was there.

My sister's real weddding was so wonderful that I just new I had to write about it!

I like tacoa ans burritos!! =D and this article,, good job

jewfin_25 =] said...
yay im the first to comment, but i loved it kayleen!! i never knew u were a good writer.. hehe =] jk but ur great!!!!!!