The Loss | Teen Ink

The Loss

March 4, 2010
By Rookie9 SILVER, Monroe, North Carolina
Rookie9 SILVER, Monroe, North Carolina
8 articles 0 photos 2 comments

"Why? Why why why?" I cried out as I punched the ground. "She was my best friend, my best friend." I yelled as hot tears rolled down my cheeks.
"It's ok Shannon, everything will be ok." My friend Laura said gently.
I shook my head. "No Laura, Rosy was more than my best friend, she was like a sister to me! She knew all my secrets, and she never told them to anyone. She was the best friend anyone could ever have.
Laura let out a sigh. She took her cell phone out of her pocket and dialed a number.
I looked out at the lake, so calm, so peaceful. No one would have ever guessed such a tragic thing took place out there in the middle of the lake. "I'll never forget you Rosy." I whispered.
"John, she's still freaking out." Laura said to the person on the other end of the phone.
I jerked my head in her direction. She was talking to him. It was John who did this, he was the one who took Rosy away forever. “I’ll make John pay.” I yelled.
Laura was silent for a few seconds, than she said, "John you never should have thrown Shannon's rock into the lake."