remembrance | Teen Ink

remembrance

By LostOrGained SILVER, Deltona, Florida
LostOrGained SILVER, Deltona, Florida

"Light a man a fire, he is warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

I grab a gulp of air and jump.The wind whips my hair in a fan above me. The fall is short, but the pin posture that I have allowes the firey cold to engross my toes, my feet, my thighs, my torso, my arms, and my face. I allow myself to sink, and the motion of the fluid around me to twist and pull me. I fall down slowly for what seems to be forever, small and large shapes blocking the light sometimes. Finally I touch bottom. The sand compresses to my shape without complaint. I open my eyes. The salt burns, but the pain feels nice. I open my mouth to smile. A bubble floats out, light playing through it like music, so beutiful. My mouth finds water in it, but the bubble, it was so pretty. I let more slip out. And another, and another. I try to breath and the firey cold burns me. It melts all memory. Agen, agen, and agen. Mmm, numb feeling. And light. Beutiful light bathing me, washing me away. Goodbye, and good ridance. I know I wont be remembered.

I dont really know why i put that for the title.