This is the Fight | Teen Ink

This is the Fight

April 16, 2010
By OhSnapple GOLD, Concord, New Hampshire
OhSnapple GOLD, Concord, New Hampshire
13 articles 0 photos 20 comments

To: All Fortune Tellers


Calling all future seeing people! If you can see the future, or if you’re a fortune-teller or something, then listen up: You’re not doing your job!

If you really have that kind of gift, then there are certain duties that you just have to assume. If you can see the consequences of your own actions, the actions of others, and global actions/mistakes, then it is your duty to do what ever you can to let us, the people know.

Think about the mistakes we have already made. The whole we have dug for this earth. It’s all your fault because you didn’t warn us!

Not so sincerely, Joe Shmoe (just an everyday guy)


To: Joe Shmoe


Hello, Mr. Joe Shmoe. It is true what you say: we can see the future. Combined we can see everything that is going to happen: The mistakes we ourselves make, your mistakes, and even the mistakes made globally.

Now we want you to listen to us Joe Shmoe. Had we told everyone what we had seen, even if they believed us, would they stop? If we told them what would happen, would they stop driving, stop littering, stop fighting, would they calm down Joe? Would you?

Now Joe, if you have asked yourself these questions, and answered them truthfully and to the best of your ability, then you know our reason. So we leave with this Joe Shmoe: If you want something fixed, then fix it yourself. You will, sooner or too late, figure out that this is the only way.

Good luck, Future tellers


The author's comments:
This is a cool short piece about the conflict we, as humans, tend to have with ourselves. Instead of looking ahead and seeing that the mistakes we make now will have much greater consequence in the future, we wait and then complain when it is already too late.