Last Forever | Teen Ink

Last Forever

March 17, 2008
By Anonymous

I walked slowly, my hand in his. I tilted my head towards his shoulder. His arm was around my waist, tight. As we looked farther into the road before us, we could see the sun setting. The sun was a dark yellow, and there were red streaks of color across the orange background.

"It's beautiful. I love it. There's nowhere else I'd rather be." I said, turning my head to face him.

"It is beautiful, but not as beautiful as you. I love you, and I don't care where we are, as long as I'm with you." He said, as he smiled. I loved that smile, the one that I always thought of in the morning, the one that always made me smile too. How did he know how to speak in a way that made me feel so wonderful, and worth something?

"I wanna show you something, okay? But you, have to close your eyes," He ran his fingers over my eyes, closing them. I heard him fumbling in his jean pocket. "Okay, I'm ready. Keep 'em closed."

"What is it? This is really getting me excited! Just tell me" I said. His hands reached up and opened my eyes. There, in a little black box, was a ring. Not just any ring, but a diamond ring. In the inside, was incripted: "Together, Forever". A tear streamed down my cheeck. He took the ring, and held it gently, bending down on his knee.

"Will you marry me?" He grinned.

"OF COURSE!" I screamed with delight. He stood up, and hugged him. I tilted my chin, and raised it to his. He held the back of my neck, and we drew nearer. Finally, our lips touched, and we let them, for a long time. It was just as I pictured it. We had both promised each other to stay faithful, and pure until marrige. I took a step back, and pulled away, slightly.

"So, how'd you like our first kiss?" He said, smiling. He still held the back of my neck.

"Well....just kidding. I loved it!" I said. He took the ring, and slid it onto my finger. We continued to walk, hand in hand, across the park road, and up to wherever it would lead us.

"Where does this road lead?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter to me. As long as you're here, I'm good." He pecked a kiss onto my cheek.

"I just want this to last forever."