The light | Teen Ink

The light

By Andrea Witte SILVER, Anchorage, Alaska
Andrea Witte SILVER, Anchorage, Alaska

Pain struck through my entire body. I could hear screams, cries, of people around me. What was going on? I was scared, I could not see no matter how hard I tried, then through the suffering I felt, through the screams I heard, I saw a light, happiness washed over me, through me, and around me. I could feel the light, as if the hands of god were cradling me, bringing me to heaven. I did not try to fight the light, I let myself go. I was my soul now, no body just me, my true self I was moving with the light. As I let go I heard one last cry “Don’t give up! I know your stronger than that! Please don’t give up!” Sadness and pain flooded through me, it was agonizing, this person truly loved me, I could tell from hearing their words. Though how much I wanted to stay on earth I knew it was my time to go, my life was over the light would care for me now, no more sadness, hunger, or pain. I let go and gave myself to the light, to god. I heard music, as I remembered my life, the first time I lost a tooth, learning to ride my bike, through the sad times, and happy, the most I remembered was the cancer, the pain I felt, and the pain my family felt. I remember the day I met Travis I remember how he sat with me through chemotherapy through all of it Travis was there and now I was gone he can heal and he will find another best friend, fall in love, and have children. If I could I would have smiled, remembering my life, it was like the most beautiful of songs, a composition, my composition. I felt the light cradle me and happiness swallowed me, I felt my soul move with the light, I felt the light bring me up, inside my soul I smiled I did not dare look back on earth I looked ahead I could see the beautiful song, my song, and the light carried me further up to heaven.

This piece I wrote on an airplane ride I thought of it amazingly fast I hope you enjoy.

jesseay09 SILVER, Palm Bay, Florida

Be who you are and say what you feel.... Because those that matter... don't mind... And those that mind... don't matter.

This was very nice