Lizard Boy | Teen Ink

Lizard Boy

By lifeisajourney GOLD, Coronado, California
lifeisajourney GOLD, Coronado, California

"Life is a journey not a destination..."
"Perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while, so that we can see life in a clearer view again."
"Only those who will go too far, can possibly find out how far one can go"

"Crazy!" someone coughed as they walked by me. I hissed through my pointed teeth. I tell myself I'm totally normal, but we all know the truth. My tongue is split and my teeth are filed to points and sharp like razors, and two years in a psych ward made me worse. The day I got out I got scales tattooed down my arms and legs. I hate going to school all schools are the same and full of b***s***, but the state is forcing me to go. I don't really know how everybody found out that I really am crazy. Maybe I was on the news that would be awesome. When the second bell rang I realized I was alone, so I walked down to my councilors office. After she called me in I sprawled out on the couch and sighed. As she reminded me that because of the government involved if she felt it was necessary she would tell the hospital I drifted into my mind. It was the night they locked me up, and I was declared a "schitzo". I knew I was always different, but I wasn't crazy until they found me. I was covered in blood, some was my own, and my parents laid still on the floor in puddles of blood. The cop read the message I wrote across the wall in their blood out loud. When he finished I looked at him with a smile and hissed with my tongue sticking through my pointed teeth. I came back to the real world hearing "Robby, Robby...please pay attention to math instead of writing that silly story of yours."

I'm in Creative Writing at my high school and we have been writing Flash Fiction which is still kinda confusing for me but this was my best piece so far. Please comment if you have any suggestions.