Ice And Snow | Teen Ink

Ice And Snow

September 13, 2010
By lion720 BRONZE, Columbus, Indiana
lion720 BRONZE, Columbus, Indiana
3 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
Ralph Waldo Emerson


Ice And Snow


Snow, you would figure that with all my years of life that I would be used to it, well I guess part of me is used to it, and another part isn't. I like the feel of the snow or ice under my paws, but I do not like the feeling of the ice on my saber teeth. Still though my little siblings seem to like it, probably because their saber teeth are still just stubs and have a while still to develop.


Just as I was thinking this a paw all covered in snow play slapped at my back. I knew that this was too large to be either Joa or Sini, “Hey Sanim, I know you told me that you don't like snow, but I thought that you would do more than just stay in one spot and stare at the sky.” Seryu's voice spoke with a laugh, “I mean I saw how your little brother and sister were acting toward it, and I figured you would be showing at least some interest in it.”


I gave her a slight smile and responded to her, “My little siblings are easy to make happy. All you have to do if bring them into a new experience and they will be happy.” Shortly after I said this a pressure made itself evident in my back. This pressure was more of a feeling of being pushed forward... straight... toward the... edge. “What are you doing?!” I asked Seryu nervously. “Trying to get you to join up with us.” She responded with a final push that knocked me completely on to the hill's slope.


I skidded through the ice and snow with my belly working as a sled. I looked behind me to see Seryu following me down the hill. “Are you having fun now Sanim?” She quickly asked me. “Yeah, I guess I am I responded truthfully, I always have loved this rush of cold air as it brushed against my face and body.


It did not take long for us to reach the bottom of the slope, only to be met with my younger brother and sister. “Was that fun big brother?” Joa and Sini asked in unison. I smiled and said, “Yes, I guess it was.”

The author's comments:
Basically a story of one of my fursonas, whose name is Sanim, who is a smilodon. In this story he is going through a bit of winter depression and his "girlfriend" tries to cheer him up a bit.