Ice And Snow | Teen Ink

Ice And Snow

By lion720 BRONZE, Columbus, Indiana
lion720 BRONZE, Columbus, Indiana

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ice And Snow

Snow, you would figure that with all my years of life that I would be used to it, well I guess part of me is used to it, and another part isn't. I like the feel of the snow or ice under my paws, but I do not like the feeling of the ice on my saber teeth. Still though my little siblings seem to like it, probably because their saber teeth are still just stubs and have a while still to develop.

Just as I was thinking this a paw all covered in snow play slapped at my back. I knew that this was too large to be either Joa or Sini, “Hey Sanim, I know you told me that you don't like snow, but I thought that you would do more than just stay in one spot and stare at the sky.” Seryu's voice spoke with a laugh, “I mean I saw how your little brother and sister were acting toward it, and I figured you would be showing at least some interest in it.”

I gave her a slight smile and responded to her, “My little siblings are easy to make happy. All you have to do if bring them into a new experience and they will be happy.” Shortly after I said this a pressure made itself evident in my back. This pressure was more of a feeling of being pushed forward... straight... toward the... edge. “What are you doing?!” I asked Seryu nervously. “Trying to get you to join up with us.” She responded with a final push that knocked me completely on to the hill's slope.

I skidded through the ice and snow with my belly working as a sled. I looked behind me to see Seryu following me down the hill. “Are you having fun now Sanim?” She quickly asked me. “Yeah, I guess I am I responded truthfully, I always have loved this rush of cold air as it brushed against my face and body.

It did not take long for us to reach the bottom of the slope, only to be met with my younger brother and sister. “Was that fun big brother?” Joa and Sini asked in unison. I smiled and said, “Yes, I guess it was.”

Basically a story of one of my fursonas, whose name is Sanim, who is a smilodon. In this story he is going through a bit of winter depression and his "girlfriend" tries to cheer him up a bit.

inksplatteredfingerz SILVER, Union, New Jersey

"Where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true--we call it history."--the Wizard; Wicked

You must have been pretty proud of yourself for thinking of those names before realizing that someone already beat you to it=PP.

(Theoretical conversation: "Hey whats your name?" "Seryu." "Wow really? I'm writing a story with a character named Seryu!" "Nice. Seryu's a pretty common japanese name." *your thoughts: man I thought I was being original*) xD

lion720 BRONZE said...
lion720 BRONZE, Columbus, Indiana

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo Emerson

And a interesting fact about the names: I thought that I had just made them up and they sounded cool so I used them. Apparently though Sanim (pronounced:San-eem) is a arabic name and Seryu is a japanese word or name, I think.

I am positive though that Joa and Sini are completely original, I think.

lion720 BRONZE said...
lion720 BRONZE, Columbus, Indiana

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have actually made a little novel about these character in the past which I will probably write a another draft to and post it up here now that they allow novels on this site. I hope this is what you wanted to hear.

I thought it was cute=). I just would've described Seryu's connection to him. You can kinda guess it, but it's not flat out. But don't say something like, "Seryu is my girlfriend." More like write a reaction to her teasing, like hes getting that 'warm fuzzy feeling' or something like that.

I loved it though=). What happens now? I wanna read more about them=D.

Oo! And nice names!