Stars | Teen Ink

Stars

By SuneeDee PLATINUM, Glenns Ferry, Idaho
SuneeDee PLATINUM, Glenns Ferry, Idaho

"Life is like a river, you'll have your rapids, your underwater currents, and even a couple waterfalls, but you have to paddle till you get to that sandy shore..." Me

The stars sparkled overhead, dancing above me. I lay back onto the damp, green grass and smiled up at them. A tear escaped my eye and I quickly swiped it away. I would not cry. Not tonight. Tonight, I will escape.
I rolled over onto my side and faced the broken street lamp across the way. I remember when it had once been bright with light. It used to light the way to my home. Now it was like me; broken and dark inside. I sighed. Was I ever going to find happiness?
I sat up and let black wisps of hair fall into my face. Another tear tried to sneak out but I squeezed my eyes shut; not letting the water break free. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the empty street. If I lay out there on my back, completely unprotected, would someone hurt me? I wondered if I had the guts to do it. I stood up and wiped my pants, attempting to clean off the grass stains. They wouldn’t come off. The stains would stay there on the outside and inside. I would never be clean again.
I buried my hands in my pockets and looked once more at the dancing stars. They urge me on. I walk slowly to the abandoned road. No one ever drives here at night. It’s dangerous to drive around the projects even during the day. I look both ways and take one step onto the unlit street. I look towards the sleeping houses. They all looked so broken. You wouldn’t think there’d be life inside.
I walked to the middle of the road and bent down to my knees. The loose rocks dug into my skin. I looked in front of me then turned and looked behind me. There was nothing. I lay down and closed my eyes. The road was cool against my exposed skin. I closed my eyes to the world and breathed in the air. I could hear a car honking in the distance. I knew a car was coming but I did not move. The car kept honking but I felt no fear. I could hear the engine now but still I felt no fear. I only felt relief for I knew that my time I had finally come. I would be free.

This was actually a dream of mine. after the car hit her i would always awake. I've had this dream multiple times now.

deus-ex-machina14 BRONZE, Stewartsville, New Jersey

"There are two main tragedies in life. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde

You're welcome! Maybe you could check out some of my work, if you wanted. I'd really like to know what you think!

SuneeDee PLATINUM, Glenns Ferry, Idaho

thank you very much

Lol the world may never know a lot of things, but make sure it eventually knows that you are a good writer:)

SuneeDee PLATINUM, Glenns Ferry, Idaho

thanx i've talked it over with my friends but they've all told me different explainations :) i guess the world will never know

Very interesting. You should look this dream up and find out what it could mean. Well written article, though. Great job!