Questions, Yet No Answers | Teen Ink

Questions, Yet No Answers

By SoccerMad GOLD, Saint Helens, Oregon
SoccerMad GOLD, Saint Helens, Oregon

NOT TODAY =:)

The sun sets high above the mountains, shining down on all that’s below, spying on the little things that scurry away carrying nothing, but theft. I think to myself, what if he’s spying on me making sure I do everything right, making sure I don’t find my self lost in questions with no answers but can only watch as they trap me and burry me under. I look down, as if asking my bay horse to answer me. She turns facing the biggest mountain there is, and looks up. I try to guess what she’s looking at to find another question that’s lost with no answer. I turn her around and look over my shoulder at the sun, one last time before galloping off through the gate to the open field.
We’re welcomed by Cinderella, an all white mare and Baby Joe, an all black miniature horse. Beauty gives a warm winning while they gallop beside us. At the gate I get off giving beauty a pat on the neck and rub Cinderella’s forehead. I gently tug on the reins for beauty to step through the entrance of the gate and close it before Baby Joe could sneak in.
I walk to the barn side by side with Beauty, talking about this and that and what to do and think. I don’t think she was listening though. I felt crazy talking to a horse who can’t say anything back it was like talking to myself which I do lot. I tie beauty up right outside the tack room. I walk into the room to feel a hot breeze from all the hanging heat lamps and grab Bee’s lime green bronc halter with her name embroidered on it and switched the hackamore out. She was relieved of the irritation from the headstall rubbing against her ears and gave a little shake of her long black mane. I take the light leather giraffe print breast collar of the saddle and unhook it from the cinch. Slowly I put it in its rightful place in the tack room. I continue to take off her saddle and pad and her bell boot combo boots and put each on in the tack room until she was stripped down from all the tack. I reach into a big bag full of treats giving her two for all her effort, and brush the dried up sweat off her, waiting to put her out in the field.
As we are walking down to the field, Blue a little gray, white, and bluish color miniature horse comes trotting up to us sniffing both of my pockets for treats and then walks away with an unsatisfied look written on her face. Beauty perks her ears up to the sound of the two horses galloping towards us like thunder arose in the sky. She looks at me with anticipation and excitement. I let her off and look up to see what looks like a herd of horses running through the sky.
I know see what she’s trying to tell me.
I have answered one less lost question.
They are watching over me, watching me like the sun watches all the thieves who carry themselves with pride. They’re watching my every move making sure it’s the right one. They are my sun, shining over me and my Bee. They are my angels guarding me.

SoccerMad GOLD said...
SoccerMad GOLD, Saint Helens, Oregon

NOT TODAY =:)

OF COURSE IT WOULD BE AN HONOR LOL ILY ♥

Louie2_16 BRONZE, St. Helens, Oregon

"It's not so important who starts the game, but who finishes it."
-John Wooden

THIS IS SO GOOD I WISH I COULD BE AS GOOD AS A WRITER AS YOU! WILL YOU PLEASE CHECK OUT MY WORK I WOULD REALLY LIKE IT.