Running, I must get Away | Teen Ink

Running, I must get Away

February 5, 2011
By jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
68 articles 0 photos 90 comments

The air in the room suddenly seemed to disappear, my feet hurt extremely from my high heeled, opened toed shoes. It felt like everyone was staring, waiting, for my next move. I felt like I was going to burst from all the pressure; I lifted my foot and reached down, yanking off one heel then the next. I tugged the shrug from my shoulders and walked towards my friends, who were standing in the corner, side glancing me for what felt like every 5 seconds. I walked towards Grace and said “Hold these would you?” shoving my heels and shrug in her hands as my sluggish walk turned into a jog. I pushed open the doors and the wind whipped my blond hair behind me. I started to run, I ran and ran in my bare feet, feeling everything; the concrete as my feet hit the ground every so lightly, the wind blowing at my face and neck. I ran across the streets and threw newly cut grass, feeling the blades bristle between my toes. Very soon, I got to the place where I was desperate to be, the beach.


The author's comments:
This piece is not even close to being finished, I'm not even sure if it counts as being a piece, its just something from my head i guess. I hope you enjoy it!