Elevator | Teen Ink

Elevator

“Hold the elevator!”
Simon Cowell looked the girl up and down. He saw one glass slipper and one bare foot, a long blue dress, and golden blonde hair.
“Thank you ever so much.” Cinderella stumbled into the elevator.
“Well don’t you look pathetic.” Simon raised an eyebrow at Cinderella.
“What’s wrong?” Chuckie said.
“I just had the best night of my life,” Cinderella said, “but now it’s midnight and I need to get home. My stepmother is going to kill me if I’m late! Can’t this elevator go any faster?”
“Sounds scary. Do these buttons make it go any quicker?” Chuckie asked. He pressed every button on the elevator.
“No!” Simon and Cinderella screamed. The elevator came to a screeching halt.
Cinderella looked at Simon. “Fix it!”
Simon laughs. “What do you want me to do?” He looked over at the crying boy in the corner. “You’re useless!”
“Why does everything happen to me?” Chuckie wiped the tears from his eyes. “If Reptar were here, he would save me.”
“You can’t keep me in here!” Cinderella sang to calm herself down. “A dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep…”
“Oh please stop! You sound like a dying cow! I’ve never heard a voice that terrible in all my years at American Idol.” Simon covered his ears.

“Well maybe I should interrupt this music lesson and let you know that criticizing isn’t going to help anyone!” Cinderella said.

“My attitude is, if someone’s going to criticize me, tell me to my face.” Simon said.

“Someday I'm going to look back on this and laugh. But for now I need Tommy!” Chuckie tried comforting himself by thinking about his best friend, a very adventurous baby in diapers. He thought to himself, what would Tommy do in this situation? Chuckie realized he had to fix the broken elevator and save Cinderella from her stepmother. Right then he looked in the corner and noticed a hidden button. He decided to press it.

“What’s happening? The elevators working again! Now I can get out of here and escape you losers.” Simon said, exiting the elevator.

“Why it’s like a dream. A wonderful dream come true.” Cinderella stood up and rushed out behind Simon.

Chuckie was alone in the elevator. He pressed the button for floor 6 but the elevator stopped yet again before he reached his destination.