Misogyny | Teen Ink

Misogyny

By TimeslipOracle BRONZE, ., Other
TimeslipOracle BRONZE, ., Other

You'll commit suicide trying to read my mind

Misogyny points a gun at my head.
I should have seen this coming but it was hope that lured me into this h*ll hole.
Misogyny and anger, both dressed in black, hold me captive.
Forgiveness and hope both in white, but who’s that behind them?
It’s just naivety.
The three of them abandon me in this cold, damp cellar, ropes tight around my wrists… and two dark figures circling my corpse.
They beat me up as the world around them shudders, the sunlight only left outside to quiver.
The numbness creeps through my bones, only a few moments till I’m buried deep in this h*ll hole.
Loneliness stands by me, prodding my face into the murky mud at their feet, then holds my head there with its foot and smirks at the others.
Anger sits by me and watches my heart turn a darker shade of red, until my heart has turned a black stone.
I then feel a knife held to my back, it is only hypocrisy, the only one willing to kill me in my own cold blood.
I cannot move, for my now my heart is black and stones, if I kill them, I will only be killing myself.
You see, these black figures have consumed my mind and soul.
I cannot fathom the possibility of being held captive by your own self.
My arms are limp, my head is still… A moment of realisation, that I am incarcerated in my own reality.

Sumia said...
Bloody beautiful!! So deep!

Loftus GOLD said...
Loftus GOLD, Ocoee, Florida

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

I really like this and the ending sentence is killer! However, the sentence; for my now my heart is black and stones// doesn't sound right. That was the only mistake I found. All in all; great job!