Feelings Aren't Ever Mutual | Teen Ink

Feelings Aren't Ever Mutual

By TheCylceGoesRound PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina
TheCylceGoesRound PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina

When the rich wage war it's the poor who die.

I love music.
But the feelings aren’t mutual.

I’ve been music’s best friend since I was born. We’ve been absolute best friends since. I know a lot about music, I think, and I’m sure music knows a lot about me; we’re just that close.

We were really, really close when I was a kid. However, when school started, our friendship died down a bit.

We kind of didn’t see each other for a while until recently when an ex of mine introduced us. I immediately remembered music from my younger years. I remembered all the great times we had. Even though that ex was a jerk, he did reunite me with music.

After we met for a second time, we started hanging out more often and my feelings quickly grew. I soon found myself thrust deep into troublesome love. I mean, I love music.

Of course, I didn’t tell music about my feelings. I’d never want to mess up such a perfect friendship. But then I think of the even more perfect life we could have together. I mean, I can’t live without music. Music is my life. Music is my whole world.

I know it isn’t too healthy to say that but it’s true.

I guess one day I got the guts to say how I really felt to my darling music. We were just hanging out one day, me laying down on my bed and music sitting up on my desk. Suddenly, through all the butterflies in my stomach, I got that urge. You know, THAT urge. I blurted out, “I love you, music.”

I swear to you, the silence that came from music scared me half to death. Or really, more like all the way to death. My heart hammered against my chest. Like, literally hammered. It was like a drum. Finally, music started singing me a song.

I paid attention real well in case music sang something important.
Music never did sing something important.
I guess music doesn’t love me back.
It’s truly a shame. Our life together would have been perfect.

Problem is…

I still love music.
Too bad the feelings aren’t mutual.

Sorry, the style is kind of strange. I was experimenting. Plus, I wrote this at probably three a.m.