An Empty Room, The Empty Chair | Teen Ink

An Empty Room, The Empty Chair

By rockyyyyyyyyy SILVER, Lawrenceville, Georgia
rockyyyyyyyyy SILVER, Lawrenceville, Georgia

dont let people drive u crazy if you know its in walking distance

Her old remains, so dismal and blue, lay silent in the frosted bleak room. Oh! such a room as this of darkness and horrid decay would cause the most jovial of beings to become overtaken with muteness.
This wizened women, who drowned in her own misery, had one companion, a wretched dog. Overtaken by the empty-ness of sight; she too, begin to grown blind and mute. How glorious silence is when thriving within the dark, how glorious indeed.
Although, sadly, there came a time when the aged dog begin to stray from speech too, and such as the marooned do (when melancholy starts to over-bare) she became annoyed be the repulsive canine from which she caressed with such care. And thus natures groping hand overcame the once adored little women, once begrudged by the empty chair.

This is more of a prose poem.

lackadaisicalwolf, Asdf, Other
This made me sad T.T Good job, it's wonderfully written!

SongBird04 said...
SongBird04, Littleton, Colorado

You've gotta take the good with the bad, smile when you're sad, love what you got and remember what you had. Always forgive but never forget, learn from your mistakes but never regret. People change and things go wrong but always remember life goes on

Ahh! I love this! Miseducated, you are very talented and i love your stuff! I have enjoyed reading all of them so far! keep it upp~ :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

So though-provoking. And poetic throughout. You're good. Rocky. A little too good.

IndigoElisabeth SILVER, Woodbury, New Jersey

John 1:1

This is great! Very meaningful and evocative. :) Good job! Could you please read my piece The Talking Chair?