Out of the Ordinary | Teen Ink

Out of the Ordinary

By MustangWriter1813 PLATINUM, Crooks, South Dakota
MustangWriter1813 PLATINUM, Crooks, South Dakota

" No one can told you back besides yourself " MaKayla Claymore class of 2013

We were standing in the hall, when it happened. First there was screaming then shooting. Curious you and me ran towards the ear-piercing screaming, what we found was anything but ordinary standing alone in the hall was a gun men lurking over 3 dead bodies. Not knowing what to do we both stood dumfounded, but it seemed that you had snapped back to earth before I did. Right before my eyes you were running towards him. In a flash he turned around and fired the gun three times at you. You fell down with a soft yet deadly crash. I let out a horrifying scream, which then had his attention. Two bullets erupted from his small yet deadly gun. With in a minuet I hit the ground, with a loud groan. I quickly looked up to see what his next step would be, but he had vanished. Like smoke in the air, the sent was there but he wasn’t. Nevertheless it was no longer my problem. I laid there with pain coursing through my body. I felt as though a thousand trains had hit me all at once. Then my attention went towards you. I gradually got to my feet, and limped to you. I sank to my knees at your side with tears falling from my face. I gently turned you over, fear in my mind of what I would find. Amazing you were still alive, but knocked out. I had to make a quick choice, either stay here and die, or go to a safe classroom. We were going. There was no way a could pick you up, but I could always lug you to a classroom. I gently picked you up by your lifeless arms, and started to pull. Eventually after 5 minutes of pulling we were in a safe room. It was dark, quite, and most importantly secure. We sat in the very back of the room out of sight. Then for some reason I looked down to where we were sitting, we were both losing blood. Not thinking about myself I tore my sleeves then wrapped them around your wounds. It seemed to absorb the blood but finally got it to stop. But I knew what was really going to happen, even though we were safe we were both slowly dying. I pulled out my phone with my red blooded hands and dialed 911. They said they would be there in 5 minutes, but that seemed to be for ever. Then what I heard was the groans coming from you. I slowly turned around to see you open your eyes. With a small wince of pain you smiled at me. Then and there I knew everything was going to be fine. In another ten minutes the cops came, and we were taken to the hospital. After three days we returned to school. That following day we talked about what we went through, and we were each grateful for each other.

Because that day I could have never left you in that hall to die. For without you I would be incomplete. For you have always been there for me, so now it was my turn to return the favor. For the love I have for you can be compared to nothing. So day after day I would check in on you to make sure everything was fine. But there will always be that special connection we have with each other. It’s our memories, the fear, tears, pain, and scars will always be there. To remind us how fragile life is.

I'm 14. I love to write!! I have many amazing people around me, that think I could be one of the best! Dream is to have a story published. Take people around me and put them into stories.

then why don't you check out my other stoires

artofthedead said...
ummm... well, I am also 14, and I also dream of publishing one day. And you are very good, but, saddly, not good enough yet for publishing. I mean, I see great potential.

I suggest you write more. Poetry helped me write. Even though most of what I have written is natural ability, and one day I hope to write even more. I don't doubt that you are excellent, or one day will be excellent. If you ask me though, you can do better than this one section.