Falling | Teen Ink

Falling

By wordlover27 GOLD, Vancouver, Other
wordlover27 GOLD, Vancouver, Other

‎"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness..."
-Audrey Hepburn

It all starts with the nervous anticipation that is accompanied by “what ifs”. Upon seeing that adorable smile and deep eyes that you just melt into, your heart begins to pound twice as fast as it normally does. Soon, you notice that he is funny, charming, and sweet-ready to make you smile on your worst days. Much like that agonizingly slow climb of a roller coaster as it makes its way to the top of a hill, a slight thrill courses through your veins, as the ride edges ever closer to its precarious precipice. You take a deep breath, close your eyes, and finally let the thrill win over, letting it flow like electricity throughout your entire body.

Then you fall.

You fall hard and fast, throwing caution to the wind, as your stomach drops to the floor and you scream at the top of your lungs with exhiliration. Diving into a relationship you have taken the plunge, given yourself completely to somebody, and perhaps even say that little sentence that means so much – I love you. Every twist and turn makes you gasp in wonder-as you discover pieces of a person that you never knew you could find. Sure, there are a few bumps along the way, but they are what make the ride all the more satisfying.

But every ride has to come to an end.

Your stomach heaves and despair hits you like a wave of nausea, as the stunned dizziness of your relationship being over finally sinks in. Your soul has been ripped apart and the tears never seem to stop coming. Your fall suddenly becomes one that spirals down a bleak, terrible void. Yet despite all of that pain, we get on that ride again all the same-wondering if we could ever skip that terrible phase that comes at the end of it. So we go on, continuously riding this emotional roller coaster called love, embracing it and wanting off at the same time.

Yet when we finally look next to us, and see that person who was with us the entire time-through the bumps and drops, the shakiness and thrills, we finally find a way to evade that void. For you realize that that person has been with you through thick and thin, through the hills and the valleys, and will be with you until death do you part. When the ride is finally over, he'll take your hand, get down on one knee, and will never let you go.

That's when you know that you have fallen for all of the right reasons.