I'm Coming | Teen Ink

I'm Coming

November 18, 2013
By Starfirewrites BRONZE, Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Starfirewrites BRONZE, Langhorne, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was all over. She was gone, leaving me here. I'm stranded in this...nothingness...where she left me. It's like, I'm blind, but can see. I can see everything in front of me, but I don't understand any of it.
I see her everywhere. The way the trees dance gracefully in the wind. The way the clock ticks like a metronome. Each monotonous beat reminding that she is now gone, leaving me without.
I walked into that room. That room that took her. That ceiling that made her look like a hanger, swinging back and forth. She was so frail, so fragile looking.
Looking up, I could see it swinging freely, back and forth. It was so innocent, yet so sinister. It was a rope, a nylon rope, a jump rope. We used to jump with that rope. Singing songs, laughing, being kids. But now, here it is, swinging. Each swing reminding that she is now gone, leaving me without.
I could see the appeal of it all. When you feel as weak as she had, taking a life makes you feel powerful. It makes you feel as strong as Him.
I pulled the rope down. Even this, this simple rope of nylon, kept reminding that she is now gone, leaving me without. And I don't want to be reminded anymore.
Without her, I don't want to be anything anymore.
I'm coming.