When with Needles | Teen Ink

When with Needles

By CourtCourt DIAMOND, Franklinville, New York
CourtCourt DIAMOND, Franklinville, New York

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

I’m stuck in a love affair with needles. They kiss my flesh sweetly, gently biting in an amorous nature. They fill my blood with hopes and dreams and build up a world of magic around me. Yet, I must be able to live without them. They cannot be my knight in shining armor, fighting off every dragon that burns a disease inside my soul. I flee the castle they have built for me, feel my hope change to fear and my dreams change to nightmares. I am stuck. I cannot go further without destruction but, cannot turn around without giving up. In a love affair, one side always gives more so I return. But with needles, leaving was never truly an option and I go back to that magic tower, sadly, knowing my fate is tied to theirs. I’m stuck in a love affair with needles; I’m stuck, waiting for when love will finally make a decision- kill me or save me.