The End? Or the Begining | Teen Ink

The End? Or the Begining

By silvertounge GOLD, Amarillo, Texas
silvertounge GOLD, Amarillo, Texas

"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything." Eureka Seven

I fall to my knees as I feel the life drain from the last of the Hokasai and he returns as a Dracosai. I ask myself, 'Was it all for naught, a foolish wish doomed to fail from the begining?' and I remember this battle came to be.

I was born, or rather, came into existance before there were any worlds, dimensions, realms, or anything save for my elder brohter and sister. My brother, Zealot was the eldest, my sister, Yashya, the middle, and I the youngest. Then the day came when sibblings awoke to their powers, one the complete oposite of the other, yet compeletely equal. Next came all and suddenly we were no longer alone, but we were not as they were, even among the gods and immortals there was an obvious gap between ablities, and while they could grow old and die, we could not. Things did not remain that way though, they steadily grew and evolved, worlds and all, until the gap was almost none existance.

Melienia passed and all was peaceful, and yet I still had not awoken to my powers. This bothered my siblings but not me, for I had fallen in love. Her name was Aisha, and she was the princess of Solace(Solace being what we had dubbed the all). T'was love at first sight for me, though I can't say the same for her. Aisha was infatuated with Zealot, not suprising since we three siblings we blessed in the looks department, not to mention he had power and a charming outgoing personality. I, on the other hand, was shy, without power, and coddled by my sibblings. Eventually I became friends with Aisha, which helped me escape my shell, and after what seemed to be a torturous eternity in the friendzone, I finally managed to win her over. I never forgot the her answer when I proposed to her so many centeries later, 'I would love to, but make me wait for the wedding as I did for you to propose and you sleep in dungeons'. That should have been the happiest day of my life, should have.

The same day I proposed the corpution was born, and peace was broken as sin, hate, envy, pride, anger, lust, greed, and gluttony were born as well. Zealot, seeking to protect his little brother and sister took these things inside of him, only to become their host instead, turning him into the first of the corrupted, and half of Solace along with him. The corrupted then started a war to take over all of Solace causing Yashya to become the leader of those untouched by the corruption. My only family were now at war with each other and that was only the begining. Aisha's step-brother, who had been in love with her since their parents had wed, became one the corrupted and stabbed her for if he could not have her, no one could. I held her until her final breath, and only after she passed did my powers awaken, and I killed her brother with nothing more the a thought. With my power also came knowledge of what my sibblings and I truly were, Zealot was yang, darkness, death, etc. while Yashya was ying, light, life, etc. I on the other had was both and yet neither, choas and order, light and dark, fire and water, all and nothing, and I knew I how to stop the war. I did not get the chance however, for as I arrived at the battlefeild I was met with the sight of Zealot's sword through Yashya's chest and her spear through his head. At their deaths Solace and everything ceased to exist, there wasn't even nothing, only me and the corruption.

I do not know how long I was alone, only thats I had the time grieve, go insane, become overrun with madness, and so many other torments. Eventually I became strong enough to cope with all that had happen and to learn how to mix insanity and sanity in one. I used my powers to see all that had happened from the begining until the end, and thought on it all. It was then that I realised that I could change that history, changed the end result, and save all, even the corrupted and the corruption. I created the Gates of Time and Space, but their creation was not without a price, nor the salvation of the worlds, but as I had nothing to pay with the price became that I would feel everybody's pain, suffering, hatered, feel all that to every person, plant, animal, world, demension, realm, etc. and that I would suffer more the any other. The other conditions were that the worlds and such were no longer connect unless done so by myself, that the corruption would be there from the begining, and that after saving one world I start the next from the begining. With all the preparations done, I went through the gate.

I was reborn into royal family of the Hokasai, the younger of two brothers. On my 3rd birthday I watched as my older brother, Arex, killed both my parents and was given a x-shaped scar over my left eye when I attacked him. Arex fled into the wilds and I persued after donning my father's sword. The day I found him was my 8th birthday, it was also the day I killed him. I returned to the Hokasai on my 11th birthday and joined the military, where I quickly climbed the ranks and by the time my 15th birthday came to pass I held the highest military rank. I becames an adult at 16 and was crowned king, and thats when the Dracosai were born from the souls of the dead Hokosai, the corruption had made it's move. We fought hard for the next two years and on the day I turned 18, I led all of my people into the final battle against the Dracosai, and now once again I have failed my people.

"The Hakosai have fallen and only you, their king, remain," The Dracosai leader observed,"Surrender, and I will grant you a quick and painless death."

I raised my head to look at him and saw that it was, or used to be, Arex, and then I understood that he had chosen to become our worlds Lord of Corruption, that he knew who and what I was before, and if he, so did the rest of the Hakosai. 'Why' I thought to myself,'If they knew, then why did the follow me into battle? Why did they throw awa-no, they did not through away their lives, they gave them for their world, their people, and their king.' With this realization I looked what had been my brother in the eyes and saw something I hadn't expected to, life, guilt, regret, pain, sympathy, and saddness, but it was what I did not see that made the biggest impact, there was no will, at least none of his own. He was nothing more then a slave to the corruption bidding and so were the rest of the Dracosai.

"You would grant me a quick and painless death, but you master will not," I stated and his reaction proved it true,"I will not surrender, not to one who does not fight of his own will, nor will I to a master who would make you fight agianst it. Let it be known that until I have saved every race and world from the corruption, and free those born of it and bound to it's will that I WILL NOT FALTER, I WILL NOT FALL, AND I WILL NOT FAIL!!!" With those words a lighting bolt struck to the right of me and flames roared to my left for a single instant, and left over were two kantana's, one with a blade so dark almost as if it made of darkness it's self, the other so bright it should've blinded me and yet it did not. They were not simply blades, no, sticking out of the earth on either side of me was Zealot and Yashya, no longer alive but unwilling to let their little brother fight alone, they took the form of swords to fight by my side. I took Zealot in my left and Yashya in my right and stood up. I was a blur, to myself and my enemies, lashing out with techniques and spells I was unware I knew, rather calling it fighting it was as though I was caught up in a the flow of the battle reacting with the need to think, and soon it was over, but the planet and all life on it were dead, save for me and the Dracosai Arex.

"You failed, as I knew you," Arex said, sadness evident in his voice.

"I would not be so sure of that if I were you," A demon advised as he matterialized,"After all, there are no new souls in my hell."

"Nor in my Heaven," An Angel concurred as she flew down to stand before me,"Mind lettings us in on why?"

I simply smiled as I put my hand to the earth and new life flowed into it and all who had fallen today, Hakosai and Dracosai alike, along with the animals and plants returned."When one of the corrupted die, they return to the corruption, as they are a part of it. However, corruption is drawn to it's own, and if there just happens to be a more concentrated amout around at the time of death, it will go there, and since I already have a soul, both the original and the corruption born are freed, all I had to do was supply new bodies for them to return to. The world and animals I can just recreate though, as they do not have souls. Oh, almost forgot," I took the corruption from Dracosai Arex into myself,"A gift, and also a responsiblility, I cannot return a soul that has already moved on, and as I have saved this world from the corruption I will be moving on to the next shortly, thankfully I get to remain as I am this time and don't have to be reborn, but these people will need a leader, and you are the best for the job. Lead them well." With that I vanished from my new home and stood before the door to the torment, something I would have to complete before moving on to the next world.

This is actually the rough draft of the prologue of the book I've been trying to write for sometime, Wrote it in two hours would appreciate feedback