Julie And Me | Teen Ink

Julie And Me MAG

"Julie, oh Juuuliiieeee! Where are youuuuuu?" I scream, "Oh, there you are. I've been looking all over da place for you. Where have you been? Oh, don't answer, the 'portant fact is, you're here."

"Tabatha, did you find Julie?" Dana asks. She's my favorite counselor in the whole Camp of Wonders Day Camp.

"Yup," I say.

"Why don't you and Julie come eat lunch with the rest of us," Dana says.

Me and Julie walk over to the bright red lunch tables, sit down, and take out our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

"I swam across the pool today," I say to Julie, "Tomorrow Dana says I can try it without my swimmies. But I don't know if I should, because I had a hard time with the swimmies, but Dana says I can try. You should've seen me go, but you missed it. That's okay 'cause we had fun in arts 'n' crafts, making birdhouses with popsicle sticks. Uh-oh, here comes Teddy. 'Member he put glue in my hair this morning?"

"Tabatha, um, uh, c-can I sit w-with you and

J-Julie?" Teddy asks.

"I don't know, Teddy. What do you think, Julie?" Julie whispers in my ear. "Julie doesn't think you should sit here 'cause that glue was hard to get out of my hair. But if you give me half your chocolate chip cookie, you can sit here for five minutes."

Teddy gives me half his cookie

and sits down.

"C-can I have a bite of your p-peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" Teddy asks.

"Mmm, no. That's for Julie, and she's

hungry."

"Oh, I'm s-sorry I put glue in your hair t-today," Teddy says.

"That's okay," I say, "my mommy says that when boys put stuff in girls' hair it means they like them."

"Eweee! I d-d-don't l-like you!

G-Girls are yucky!" Teddy screams and runs away crying.

"Boys," I say, "can't live with 'em, so why try?"

"Tabatha," Jamie, the head counselor says, as she sits down on the bright red bench about to scold me for making Teddy cry, "You shouldn't ..."

"Don't sit on Julie!" I shout, "You're

hurting her!"

"Who's Julie?" she says. 1

i love this !

WhiteShadows said...
WhiteShadows, Ocala, Florida

You've gotta work like you don't need the money/love like you'll never be hurt/
Sing like no one is listening/ and live like it's heaven on Earth.-Anonymous

Interesting. In a good way!