The Storm Rages On | Teen Ink

The Storm Rages On

By Avita-Wilder BRONZE, Gainesville, Florida
Avita-Wilder BRONZE, Gainesville, Florida

"The day I stop dreaming is the day I stop living"

The fat drops fall to the ground before they splatter upon the hard earth. The now lifeless bodies lay deformed on the soil. The sky cries out as another comrade has fallen into the hands of the quenching dirt. It soaks up the lifeless form with no sympathy to the clouds above as it moans and groans at it's loss. It strikes at the un-sympathetic earth trying to show the harsh world what it feels like to lose a part of yourself. But the globe does not care as it swallows up more and more of the fallen warriors. The sky wants to be brave and fight an everlasting battle with the ground but soon it ends its war with the world and waits for more soldiers to build up in its trianing ground in the sky. Raising lifeless bodies from the ground they are built back up in the safe walls of the white castles.

The humans stand in between the battle of Earth and Sky and usually are the ones who take the wrath of both worlds. Many wonder why they fight but they can never hear the pleas of the lightning or the furstration from the thunder. All they can see are things they will never understand, or never want to understand. There are so many wonders in this world that the humans walk by without ever seeing the golory of the tiniest things. They are too caught up in their own hectic lives that they never stop for a second to look past he end of their noses to see the spectacles of the world they live in. There are a few who do stop to see what goes on under the facade of life and reality. Where do you think we get the stories of fairies an dragons? A human could not have created something so amazing in their minds,all stories orginate from some truth. Those truths are picked up by the ones who are only willing to lean in and listen to what the world has to say and what it has to show them. While the rest of the world sees destruction happen betweeen the sky and the earth there are a few who can see the beauty and the sadness throught the wall of anger and resentment. So as the sun hides behind the clouds ready to watch the two worlds fight, look at the sky and see the anguish it feels and then look at the ground which readily swallows up all life. For the storm will go on but it is how you look at it that will change how you actually see it. The storm may never stop raging but know this, there is always something behind what you actually can see.

We get caught up in the world of reality we pass by the things that make life spendid to many times.