My Life | Teen Ink

My Life

By jamie. BRONZE, Masfield, Ohio
jamie. BRONZE, Masfield, Ohio

" Case get up now!" yelled mom on a typical Monday morning.

" I 'm up mom"

" I meant out of bed and dressed and eating now. Your going to miss your bus."

"I'm coming mom"

My life is ordinary. High school, bullying, stree, nothing special about my life. Somtimes I wish my life was like it was in the movies with like you know that happy ending and happy life. Well Mine isn't like that. As far as I am concerned movies lie to you.

"thanks mom for breakfast"

"your welcome love you, now get out of here before you miss your bus"

"yes mom love you too, bye"

The bus is the place my typical day starts. Kids aren't nice they are just plain mean and My friends think the same thing.

"seats taken"

"keep moving freak"

No one wants to sit with you "the freak" or "the Jerk" or whatever they decide to call you that day. Molloy and Jeremy are my best friends who get the same treatment as me somtimes worse.

jamie. BRONZE said...
jamie. BRONZE, Masfield, Ohio
thank you for the honest suggestions I have a new one I am putting up soon I would like you to comment on as well thank you I hope the next one is better

Jtatsu PLATINUM, East Brunswick, New Jersey
1. Detail: You need far more detail than this to keep a reader interested. Details can really spice up a story and develop characters, tone, and setting, so it is just one of the many important tools a writer must have. Also, show, don't tell. 2. Revision: You have a couple of grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes all throughout your writing; I suggest looking through your writing before submitting, too many of these mistakes look silly and unprofessional. It's also helpful to go over it with other people so that they can edit your writing and give you suggestions on how to improve. 3. Originality: I feel this story really just fit every generic fiction story mold out there: a protagonist with few friends and a very boring, uninteresting life, etc. Try doing something that stands out from most stories you've read, do something new! You should also test your own writing style; do you tend to rush into a story? Do you plan things out? Do you control your characters, or do your characters control you? Just a few pointers. 4. Finally, motivation: Despite all I've said about your writing, I believe something good really can come out of this piece. Just keep in mind that writing is a tricky business that takes time. While the span of time varies for every writer, the first draft of every story is never perfect. Don't become discouraged, but keep writing! I hope you keep my tips in mind and I have no doubt that you will become a much better writer one day.

jamie. BRONZE said...
jamie. BRONZE, Masfield, Ohio
I will do that

jamie. BRONZE said...
jamie. BRONZE, Masfield, Ohio
thank you I will definatly work on it I am trying to figure out what I can change to make it better.

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

I think maybe I'm not feeling the 'point' here. There's nothing that specifically separates this piece from any other. That is to say, it's a little cliche. Also, there are a couple grammar and spelling errors, so I think just going through and editing will help.

Hetzer BRONZE said...
Hetzer BRONZE, Savage, Minnesota
No problem. There's always potential, and it seems that you have got the basics down. Just improve upon it, and you'll end up with something brilliant.

jamie. BRONZE said...
jamie. BRONZE, Masfield, Ohio
Your not being rude and thank you I didn't notice any of those thank you for being honest

Hetzer BRONZE said...
Hetzer BRONZE, Savage, Minnesota
"The boy walked to the store." Be sure to keep dialog in quotations that are spaced correctly, or it will feel disjointed. Also, be sure to capitalize the beginning of sentences. Always. Plotwise, it needs more description and perhaps originality. Not to be rude, but I've heard this exact same setup before dozens of times, and people want to read original stories. Then again, perhaps something original could happen with time? Either way, be sure to practice and look at how others write fiction. That way you'll know correct writing mechanics and grow as a writer.

jamie. BRONZE said...
jamie. BRONZE, Masfield, Ohio
it is part of a story I am writing lol and It is fine thank you though

Hades_Angel_3428, Foley, Alabama

je suis ce je suis

its a good poem and im not really good at rating