Golden (Bits and Pieces) | Teen Ink

Golden (Bits and Pieces)

By Be_Free PLATINUM, Longview, Texas
Be_Free PLATINUM, Longview, Texas

"And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion overall." -- The Masque of the Red Death, Edgar Allan Poe

“Oww, Kairil! If you prick me one more time! What is with you today? I shouldn’t be in this dress anyway.”
--Sita

“What will you do Princess? I’ve learned not to hold you to any of your threats.” (He enters and hands Sita a drink)
--Alex

“Son! You should not be here! What with the princess in such little clothing and-“
--Kai

“Nothing I haven’t seen before mother.”
--Alex

“Watch your mouth, Alexander! If the queen were to hear you speak of her daughter like that, we would both be dead. You and Sita both know about the things she does alone in her chambers at night. Not to mention what happens to those poor travelers who wander the wrong way.” (All the while Sita is emptying the cup)
--Kai

“Mother, if the queen had any ideas of what went on in the Princess’ bed, while she was doing those things in her chambers, we would have all died long before now.” (Takes the cup and sits it on a nearby table)
--Alex

“Hush, boy! You’re going to give your mother a heart attack. She doesn’t need to know what goes on behind closed doors” (She laughs)
--Sita

(Kisses her hand) “Yes, Princess, anything you ask me to do.” (A wicked grin fills his face)
--Alex

“You know I hate when you call me princess, Alex. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.” (He chuckles)
--Sita

“Yes I am aware princess. But I should at least get used to calling you that. Soon, love, I will be calling you Queen. With the wedding being only a week away-“
--Alex

“I’m supposed to marry you. That stupid son of a . . . (clears her throat) sorry but the thought of him is nauseating.”
--Sita

“You think it’s nauseating for you? I’ll have to sit back and watch as the girl I love pledges her life to someone else. That is more than nauseating. That’s enough to make a man want to end it.”
--Alex

“Alexander! Don’t you dare think such thoughts.  I don’t care who I marry I will always be yours. I’d consider taking my mother’s way out, but we both know that’s not who I am. I’d rather be dead myself if you ever even attempted. And mind you, I will do it. Death is one thing I am not afraid of”
--Sita

(He pulls her down from the pedestal, and kisses her lips) “I promise you this: I will always be here. No matter what, I’d never leave you for anything this world, or the next could offer me.  Do you understand me, Sitalme?” (He rains kisses from her cheeks, to the curve of her neck, and over her shoulders)
--Alex

“Alex.”  (She moans into his chest)
--Sita

“You two are going to get into a whole heap of trouble if you keep carrying on like that. Some things we want we can never have.”
--Kai

“Unfortunately” (he whispers in her ear and kisses her once more, before placing her back on the pedestal, and leaving the room)
--Alex

This is a conversation from a story I wrote a while back. I had a  lot of stuff going on in my life, and I needed an escape; therefore, I created my own little fantasy world with a princess, forced marriage, and an evil queen.