Shining Upon The Truth | Teen Ink

Shining Upon The Truth

By bruisedmemories ELITE, Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
bruisedmemories ELITE, Birdsboro, Pennsylvania

"When you're young, you can fly, but we trip on clouds 'cause we get too high" -The Band Perry (Song: Don't Let Me Be Lonely)
"Cause no matter what, you'll never be alone" -Lady Antebellum (Song: Compass)

She was a glowstick. Her early years were consumed by a feeling of darkness and hatred toward herself along with the rest of humanity. Her everyday life was affected as the emotion of dullness was always there by her side. It never left her, causing her to be confused about whether she was alone or beaten down by the depths of an uncivil enemy. She lived through this despair until one day when she just couldn't bear it anymore. This was known as the day her soul and intellect lost sight of who she was. This was the day she bent until her mind and body effortless snapped. Her emotions flooded through her veins and ate her alive. She was breaking. She was susceptible to pain and the way it could easily take advantage of her. There was nothing beautiful or romantic about the way she suffered until her heart could no longer process the emotions of happiness. There was nothing beautiful about it at all.

However, the results were another story. They were beyond astonishing. An aurora of light and hope blossomed in her deep, ocean-colored eyes. It was as if her soul had found a new body to crown as her own. All the emptiness and stillness from before was immediately vacant in her life. She was a tall, sunflower shooting towards the sky in a field of roses who only had their thorns to lean on. She had the universe in the palm of her hand as if no one else even came close to her beauty and noble comeback. The outlook of her world changed too and now only optimism circled inside of her mind. All the scars of her past faded away into the sky, never to be seen again. Although they defined who she once was, they couldn't even come close to effecting her now. She was a new person; she was a glowstick. She had to break before she shone and found her path to happiness. This is needless to say that even though her fortune worked against her for some time, it all turned out okay. It always turns out okay. We are all glowsticks, every single one of us, and glowsticks we shall be.